I've been watching you dad, ain't that cool
I'm your buckaroo, I wanna be like you
And eat all my food and grow as tall as you are
We like fixing things and holding mama's hand
Yeah we're just alike, hey ain't we dad
I wanna do everything you do
So I've been watching you
I love that song. Mostly because it is so true. I have noticed a lot lately that Kaden watches everything we do and wants to copy us. He has started calling Chris, "Chris" so I am trying to call him dad now. Last night we went and watched Chris play ball with a city rec team. Kaden wanted to be out there so bad with him. We had to keep him on his monkey leash to keep him off the court.
The he tried sitting on his bum and scooting out... that didn't work either.
This is Chris about to make a sweet dunk. ( terrible picture) I need a better camera desperately
Kaden finally settled down on the bench next to me. He kept yelling at the players and telling them to shoot when they got the ball. Occasionally he would yell out "missed"
Taycee was also cheering for daddy
She liked watching him score
This was the face she gave the ref when he made a bad call
At half time Taycee tried to sneak Kadens snacks away from him while he was contemplating the game.
Another way Kaden is just like his daddy is he loves brownies and brownie batter. I was making brownies a few days ago and Kaden saw me mixing them. He started pointing to it and saying "HUNGY... HAVE IT?" When I said yes and went to hand him the whisk he said "NUMMMMY" and apparently it was... he spent about 15 minutes licking that thing clean.

It use to be when we went outside to play I could sit Taycee on a blankie and she would be content...
Not any more! I cant keep this child out of the dirt.
Yesterday I walked into Kadens room to find this.....
Don't worry though, with a spoon, a vacumm and about 20 minutes, all was restored to normal.
Oh and by the way... Chris's team dominated in their game. :D
3 comments:
Thanks for updating your blog. I love the pictures and entries that keep me up to date on your life. I look forward to seeing new pictures next week of your weekend fun in Brigham. I sure do love you guys.
I love that song tooooo!!! It's kind of scary to know that everything these little people are learning is a direct reflection of what WE as parents are doing! I'm constantly telling Chuck, "Watch what you are doing dadddy! Somebody is watching!"
Random... but I saw these pics of a family with kids named Taylee and Kaelan.. the names were very similar so I had to tell you haha... and not to be rude cause they're cute kids.. but your kids are WAY CUTER!
http://abeliaphotography.blogspot.com/2009/07/kaelan-and-taylee.html
Post a Comment