

Our little miss is 6 months old. I hate saying that. When people see her they always say, oh you have a little new one there and I just smile and pretend like they are right and that she is still my tiny little newborn. However she seems to be trying extra hard lately to remind me that she is getting bigger and older and is not a tiny newborn.
She is now rolling both ways.
She reaches for and grabs toys now.
She eats quite well off of a spoon.
She is a drooling queen, I think she must be cutting her first tooth.
She has great leg muscles and loves to stand.
She loves baby Eisenstein.
She still isn't sitting at all. She has very little muscle in her core area. The Davis Learning Center came and did an evaluation on her and she is testing at about a 3 month old level for most of her skills. They said that is not too bad considering the early and rough start that she had. We are going to start having someone come to our house and work with her to see if we can't develop some more muscle tone and motor skills.
We went to the doctor last week and she weighed in at a WHOPPING...
11 lbs. ha. She is still below the 5th percentile. The doctor said he was hoping she would start to catch up a little but she seems to just be following her own curve. A lot of that is due to the fact that she doesn't eat much. She averages about 24 ounces in a day. ( 4 ounces every 4 hours) Dr. Silas said that is what a lot of newborns are eating. He would really like us to feed her more but with her acid reflux if we feed her more than that she spits most of what she eats back out. So we stay at the 4 ounces and she stays content and doesn't spit.
She is 21.5 inches long. Which is actually tall for her weight. She is in the 10th percentile for height. Head Circumference was 16 in. 5th percentile
All in all she is a little tiny thing, but she sure takes up a BIG place in our hearts!
haha every time I look back and see how huge Kaden was I think, "HOW in the world did I carry him around everywhere for 18 months?" He was such a HUGE baby. Fat and Happy.



1 comment:
Oh she is tiny. So cute. And I love all her cute clothes
Post a Comment