Monday, August 27, 2012

The happiest place on earth

We did it. We have officially visited the happiest place on earth. Let it be known that HONESTLY... my kids couldn't have been happier. :D

I decided to be "that mom" that dresses her kids up like Disney characters. Because, well let's be honest, I am a sucker for a good photo opportunity and I have a 3 year old who wishes daily she really was a princess. ( I did make her wear shorts underneath and tennis shoes ;))

My little snow white

I decided to make a photo book of the trip because if I would have put all the pictures I took in this post. I would have maxed out my storage space. So here are the highlights.


It was hot. Really hot. Addison was baking in her stroller so Chris wet her down at one of the drinking fountains. He started blowing on her hair to cool her down and she thought it was hilarious
Taycee took a nice 2 hour mid-day nap in the stroller. While Kaden rode Dumbo, Pinocchio and a few other small rides.
 
Addison chilled on top of the stroller while Taycee slept.


Then Taycee woke up and all she wanted to do was meet the princesses. So much in fact that we waited for 2 hours to meet this princess... then the moment came, and all the waiting was worth it. She was ecstatic that that were wearing matching dresses.
Addison met Snow White too, but was more confused than ecstatic :)

After we met princesses Taycee really wanted to meet Mickey and Minnie.So we waited again. For HOURS. Man, that is one popular mouse.
This was in front of Minnies House moments after they asked not to pull out all of Minnie's grass. : / whoops. 

Inside Minnie's Kitchen
The most expensive sucker on the planet. :)

I have a picture just like this with me and Jason sitting in the car. 


Some fun in Toon Town



And what is Disneyland without a ride on the tea cups?

The kids had so much fun. They wanted to do everything again and again. Everyone else left about 7 but our kids were no where near done so we stayed til closing. It was such a fun day, I was amazed at how brave they were. Kaden LOVED the adult rides. (except Indiana Jones, he thought the snake and spiders were real) We went on Space Mountain twice and both times Kaden walked off the ride all smiles. Taycee was a little unsure but she did it both times. They were such troopers. I think they would live at Disneyland if we let them. A HUGE thanks has to go out to grandpa and grandma Clayton who made the whole trip possible. It was a memory we will never forget.

No comments: