Monday, January 21, 2013

Christmas 2012

We had a wonderful Christmas this year, as we do every year.
We started off with a big Christmas dinner the Saturday before Christmas with my family before we headed down to St George Sunday to spend Christmas with Chris's family. The kids got way into helping set up the table and even made name tags for everyone.

Chris and I tried our hand at making our very first Turkey. It turned out pretty yummy. I realized as I was setting up the table that I was missing a lot of dishes most people have when hosting a formal dinner. So the turkey was served on a plastic green Christmas plate and instead of a gravy boat we used a large measuring cup. :) It all still tasted wonderful.
The kids in their new Christmas Sunday clothes before we went to Church.
For Christmas Eve I-hop is the tradition. Here is most of the group getting ready to order.
Another Clayton tradition is matching jammies. The pictures are a horrible quality but I just had to post them. Notice the girls in the front row hardly move yet in all the pictures we took we could not get one with all the boys looking at the camera with smiles and eyes open. Come on guys....




Kaden and Taycee had matching jammies too but by the time we got around to snapping a picture they were far beyond asleep. In fact as soon as we got home from dinner Kaden crashed on our bed and we couldn't get him back up for anything.

Grandpa and his girls.

Christmas morning came with lots of excitement. Having little kids sure makes Christmas fun. I was totally lazy this year and didn't take any pictures on my camera. Luckily the I-pad was handy and we got a few snapshots on it.




As you can tell by the pictures there was more than enough presents to go around and we were all spoiled rotten. Chris had the Christmas of his life and got every electronic toy a man could want. The kids all came home with more toys than we have room for. And I spent 4 days laying our in pajamas which is exactly what the doctor ordered. 

Grandma and Grandpa Clayton gave us an extra Christmas present and kept the kids through the weekend so Chris and I got 2 whole days of freedom, we walked around the mall saw a movie and wondered what we ever did with all our free time before we had kids. 

Hope you all had a very merry.

xoxo-
me

No comments: