I have been feeling more normal these days and less like a crazy pukey pregnant person. It has been refreshing. To do lists are getting done, and play time is actually fun.
The kids are growing and changing every day. I hate that the most. I looked at Taycee today and almost didn't recognize her grown up face. She is a girl now, there is not an ounce of toddler left in that tall little four year old body. I miss those chubby cheeks and baby curls, however I don't miss the tantrums and naughty streak that went along with it. She is my little helper those days and though her spunky sassy personality is still well and alive, we spend most days as buddies instead of sparing partners. She has a quick little mind and she always surprises me with how much she knows.
Kaden is loving school and is doing more in kindergarten than I was doing in 2nd grade I am sure. One of the hardest things about moving for me will be pulling him out of this school, I LOVE the education he is getting there and am so impressed with the whole system. It will be hard to find a school that compares. He also has his first "crush". He sits by a girl he calls Addyson J. (They have 2 Addyson's in their class so they refer to them by their name and last initial) He is always making her laugh and talking to her. Last time I was in his class I overheard some boys teasing him. They kept saying "Kaden likes Addyson J" he just smiled and laughed at them and said "no I don't" although he was never very adamant about it. It was cute, at first I worried it might embarrass him but he didn't seemed phased at all by their teasing. He still has the sweetest of hearts and I adore him. Before we found out what gender this new little one was I asked him what he wanted her to be. I fully expected him to say a boy because he is surrounded by girls all day. But to my surprise he said girl. When I asked why he gave Addison a hug and said " I just love these baby sisters." It is probably good that this little babe is another girl because I don't think a boy could live up to the expectations his brother set. If I could just find a pill that would freeze him in time my worries would be solved. He is growing like a weed, he has already outgrown his school pants from the fall but I refuse to buy new pants that he will only wear for a few weeks until it is back to shorts weather so he is just wearing pants that are an inch to short for now. Good thing 5 year olds don't care much.
Last week we all came down with an awful stomach bug. It was like some kind of horror show. All 3 kids started throwing up about 2 in the morning. We spent the next 24 hours cleaning up lots and lots of throw up. I spent the next few days cleaning all of our carpets. Luckily Chris and I didn't pick up the bug til a few days after the kids. I am not sure that we would have made it if all of us came down with it in the same day.
Chris is working like a mule. The finish line seems so close... yet so far. When I think about all the changes that will happen in the next 6 months, I may or may not need to start breathing into a brown paper bag. The final push is here, and we are feeling it. It will be nice to have a job that doesn't require all nighters 4 am mornings and 24 hour stress. He is currently in the process of getting some of his research published which is a large requirement for his Ph.D. once that is done and accepted there will be a large weight lifted. We think that a lot of job offers are hinging on the completion of that publication, and hope that with that accomplished we can actually get some answers about where our little family will be moving to in 5 short months.
We are LOVING this weather. We have spent all our spare moments outside enjoying some much needed Vitamin D. We plan to spend any day over 50 at the park. Hello sunshine oh how we have missed you.
Grandma Clayton came into town last week and treated us to lunch and the evening at Jungle Jims. The kids were in heaven.
And that is life these days. We are blessed.













1 comment:
Reading your post about the little kiddos growing up made me so sad because I though of my kids growing up along with yours. Plus I know I always say this but it really does seem like yesterday Kaden was our little "work baby."
Post a Comment