Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Chris

Wow, what can I say about my wonderful husband? It is hard to put into words just how amazing Chris is. To say he is my "dream" man is really an understatement. I could have never dreamed I would find someone who is as perfect for me as he is. All who know him can truly testify to the fact that he is one in a million. I know that I am so lucky to have him. I think one of the perfect ways to describe how wonderful he is would be to tell you about the day before his birthday...
When it rains it pours... literally....

On my way home from work Wednesday I was rear-ended on the freeway, yes that's right folks FREEWAY! I was at a dead stop and Mister Toyota behind me was "checking his blind spot" and didn't see that traffic had stopped... KBLAM... he destroyed the right back of my car. After I got over to the side of the road who is the first person I call? Not the cops but Chris, he does his best to calm me down and then jumps in the car to come and help out. I wasn't badly hurt and the car was drivable ( so I thought) so there was really no reason for him to come except for the simply fact that he is wonderful and knew that I was a little shaken up. Keep in mind this was on the freeway and therefore not very easy to get to. He had to take 3 different exits and get back on the freeway 3 different times to finally get to me. After all was said and done and the accident reports were filled out I drove my very shakey car home. When we got home I was in a little bit of pain so Chris not only took care of me but started taking care of the baby cleaning the house and doing the laundry. In the midst of all of this Kaden had a VERY smelly diaper so Chris took him to the changer and changed his diaper. He had far surpassed the limits the diaper could hold so Chris doing as I ask put his clothes in the bathroom sink turned the water on and went to change out the load of laundry. About this time I told Chris I wanted to go to the store to pick up a few things. About 30 minutes later we returned home and as we sat down on the couch I heard water running. To make a long story short the bathroom sink had never been turned off and we had about 2 inches of standing water in the bathroom, running into the carpet and through the wall into the Kitchen. To make things worse all of our towels had just been take out of the washer and would be no help in soaking up the water. AAAGGGHHH about this time any normal man would have lost it, not Chris. He grabbed a bucket and started shoveling water into the tub. And then somehow managed to clean everything else up. He wouldn't even let me help. MY HERO.

This is just one of the many instances where I have to take a moment and just thank my Heavenly Father for sending me such an amazing man as Chris. I could never ask for a better
HUSBAND,





FATHER,



LOVER,EXAMPLE,

COMFORTER,
and BEST FRIEND.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS I LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

Yo Momma said...

Yup, I agree with you, he is one of the best men I know. He's always there if you need him but he's also very loving and kind and there's not a time I talk to him on the phone that he doesn't say "I love you." You are a darling little family that could only get better if you added a darling baby girl. (just kidding).
Love,

Aunt Kathy

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! You completely deserve an amazing man and I am glad you found one of the few in this world. You are the most deserving person I know! He is lucky to have you as well.