Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Little Boys and Little Noses

We had a fun little adventure with Kaden today. We were out doing a few errands and I turned around to see this....Kaden had a wet wipe and was shoving it up his nose. I didnt think much of it and grabbed the wet wipe from him. About 15 minutes later I was waiting with the kids in the car while Chris was buying a few things. I noticed Kaden had his finger up his nose and he was digging around. I reached back to chastise him a bit and when I pulled his finger out of his nose I noticed a little white thing up inside. I got a kleenex to get it out and when I did I realized that there wasn't just one little white thing inside, he had wadded up several small pieces of wet wipe and jammed them up into both nostrils, so far that I had to lift up the end of his nose and make him look like a piggie to see them. I was a little concerned and tried to get them out with my nails.... no luck. When Chris got back in the car I explained the situation and he looked and thought he could get them out with tweezers. We got Kaden out of his seat and pinned him down on the drivers seat so Chris could give it a try.... no luck. Not only did we not get either one of them out they actually got pushed farther up in and he got a massive nose bleed on one side. That's when we decided it was time to call the Dr. While Chris was holding a tissue to Kadens nose (which actually stopped bleeding fairly quickly because he had a plug up there) I was on the phone with the urgent care nurse ( the regular doctor was closed). After explaining the situation she said we needed to come in and have them removed. She said it wasn't an urgent danger but we didn't want to leave them up there either. The earliest appointment she had was 7:40 pm. We had a couple hours to kill so we went to the nicklecade. We played for about an hour and just as we were leaving Kaden sneezed a HUGE GINORMOUS sneeze. And....


Out came shooting 2 huge snot soaked balls of wetwipe. With a small blood clot from his right nostril. And where did they land? Of course.. right in moms hand. The Day was saved, we didnt have to go to the Dr. and Kaden had full functionality of both nostrils.

THE END

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh that is hilarious :) I am glad he was able to sneeze them out and save you a dr bill!!! They are SO stinking adorable!

Crystal Nelson said...

LOL! Oh my, you are SO right. God made little boys adorable so we dont sell them on the black market. With wipes up their noses. And covered in mud.... :D

Yo Momma said...

I just read your blog to a lady at work and we are both in tears!! Kaden is such a crack up. You know Claudia has a picture on her instant message of Kaden with his finger up his nose... Hopefully he learned his lesson and wont do it again. So glad you didn't have to pay a Dr. to get it out. I remember when Mom ran her nursery she had a kid stick a rock up his nose and it got stuck. She called the Dr. and he had her use nose drops to shrink the sinus and force the rock out. It was funny 30 years ago and it's still funny. I love you guys.

Yo Momma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.