Monday, August 2, 2010

Oh what do you do?

Oh what do you do in the summertime when the kids are gone for a week?
Do you paint your toes, and lazily doze in a hammock as you watch the sky? Is that what you do? So do I.
Oh what do you do in the summertime when you have a week to yourself?
Do you shop all around, run errands round town, check off "to-do" lists miles high?
Is that what you do? So Do I.
Oh what do you do in the summertime when grandma takes the kids?

Do you sleep in til nine, have lots of "ME" time. Read books as the hours pass by...
Is that what you do? So do I?
Oh what do you do in the summertime when you're kid-less for 5 days?

Do you get your hair done, lay out in the sun, watch shows with no kids to cry...


Is that what you do?? So do I.
Oh what do you do in the summertime when the kids are gone for a week.
Do you eat lunch with a friend, make cookies to send, lay sod and pray it doesn't die...


Is that what you do?? SO DO I.

1 comment:

Grandma Kathy said...

I can tell you this isn't what I do. I'm jealous!!