Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thankful

Wow, where has November gone? I can't believe we are rapidly approaching Thanksgiving. Things have been busy around our house and time is flying by. Taycee will be 2 on Monday. WHAT? How is that even possible? Sheesh. She has grown up so fast and amazes me at the things she knows. Today she counted to 10 out of no where and she is speaking in full sentences, a few days ago Chris offered to help her with her socks and she said "no daddy, I can do it myself." She is SUPER independent and gives me a run for my money most days. I keep telling myself she is two and will soon grow out of this defiant naughty stage.... right? That is true.... RIGHT? SOMEONE TELL ME I AM RIGHT!

Kaden is my sweet boy. He really is a little angel these days. When he does do something I get after him for he says "I sorry mom, I didn't mean to. It was an accident." He has a special way of melting my heart. He is such a loving boy and is always randomly telling people how much he loves them. It's cute. Some of his most memorable quotes this month....

In church last week we were sitting behind a little girl who let some gas pass. Kaden heard her and pretty much yelled "WOAH, YOU STINKY HUH!?!" Poor girl. We are working on his tact.

For family night on Monday we were singing songs and his song went like this "I love Taycee she loves me, we love ICECREAM yes siree. We are a happy family" Glad he has his priorities straight.

Last Sunday in church he looked up at Chris and I and said "This is the best Sunday Church ever."

Today he brought me his book that was broken and said "Oh no momma it is broken" I took it and put it up to be fixed later, he said " Momma give it to me, I'll get a screwdriver." Apparently a screwdriver fixes everything.

Chris presented in his first national conference for AICHE which ( thought he will deny it ) is a pretty big deal, which makes him a pretty big deal. I am not sure if I mentioned this but he also published his first paper on his research for a conference in Istanbul Turkey. Yeah, he is super smart and unfortunately when he tries to tell me about it all I get glassy eyes. Never the less I am SO proud of him. He is my hero in every sense of the word. I could have never asked for a better husband and father and provider. I am still trying to figure out what I did to deserve someone so wonderful... but I'll take it. :D

I am on my last stretch of school. To be honest it doesn't feel like that big of an accomplishment. Maybe because I feel like it is something that I was suppose to have done 3 years ago ( dumb U requirements) maybe it is because nothing will change when I finish, it is not like I will get some fabulous job once I have my degree. I already have my fabulous job right here at home. But none the less I will be done. I have also been taking LOTS of pictures lately, and I love it. My photoblog crashed major awhile ago so I am working on getting it up and running again.

All in all we are happy and healthy and so so THANKFUL for all of our blessings. Lots of people have been doing thankful posts daily, I wish I would have... maybe next year. But I really am so thankful for all that we have. I am thankful for good family, and a home, and AMAZING friends, and the chance to get an education, and the chance to be a mom to my two crazy kids, and so many many more things.

More to come on Taycee's birthday party this weekend... I am attempting a princess cake.... it could be a disaster. Pray for me :D



I didnt have any pictures to go with this post so I thought I would put up our family pics from a few months ago. :)











1 comment:

Cami Jo said...

Good for you for sticking it out with school! Maybe it doesn't seem exciting now, but if you ever need it, you'll be glad you did it! Cute family pictures. Love all the coordinating outfits!