Friday, February 18, 2011

Birthday Love

Probably the most asked question I get about my birthday is, "Do you like having your birthday on Valentines day?". And my response is always the same, "Sure, I don't know any different."

I am lucky to have a husband who makes sure I ALWAYS have a very special day. He starts
thinking about it and making plans as soon as Christmas is over. I never ever feel slighted. I probably have a more special birthday on Valentines day than most women have on any normal day. So, YES!! I love having my birthday on Valentines day. :D

After breakfast in bed and beautiful Valentines day flowers Chris instructed me to get ready and get in the car for our first event. I already wrote about that event in my Valentines Day post so I'll skip the details.

I love surprises... I don't like knowing there is a surprise waiting because I get to anxious and curious and I usually figure them out way before it's time.
This time I really had no idea what was going on so it was a long 30 minutes car ride.

After the contest we went to Tucanos. I am part of the birthday club if you are a fan of Brazilian restaurants I highly suggest you join this club. It is free to join and you get a free meal during the month of your birthday. Chris and I are both members so we go twice a year. :D

Isn't he handsome? MMMM. I think so

Chris seems to think it is HILARIOUS to embarrass me and at Tucanos when they find out its your birthday they do a really good job of doing just that. They yell out to the whole restaurant and then make you stand up and shake a tambourine while they sing. This year Chris decided to capture the moment on video. I'll get him back.
After lunch Chris had a few other festivities planned, but I asked to just go home and take a nap. LAME I know, but a few hours in a clean house with no kids is just what this pregnant lady wanted for her birthday. He was so kind to oblige. Honestly, just having the WHOLE DAY with Chris was all I wanted. Time with him is rare and hard to come by these days. He is working a new project at school and most days he leaves hours before we wake up and gets home as we're getting ready for bed. So spending and uninterrupted 24 hours with him was the perfect present and cuddling in bed with him was the perfect ending to a great day.

1 comment:

Kara said...

That.is.Awesome! And the kiss-off contest would've been so fun to watch! Glad you had a great birthday!