Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Crafts

A couple of my Christmas crafts this year.

Growing up I always had a countdown to Christmas Calendar. I can't remember a Christmas at home without one. Now that my kids are old enough to be excited about such things I decided to make one of my own. My mom was lots of help and supplied me with all the felt I needed. After a trip to Hobby Lobby for some small ornaments and a few appliques, I set to work.

I was so happy when it was done and hung on my wall. It looks so similar to the one I grew up with that it just made me feel like I was 10 years old again. I think that I am more excited to open a pocket each morning that the kids are... and they get pretty excited.

We also did some paint ornaments this year. They are so easy and cheap to do. Just buy a box of clear ornaments and the paint color of your choice. Squeeze the paint down the insides of the ornament and swirl around til you are satisfied. Then let it dry overnight and hang on the tree. :D The kids had a blast.

No comments: