Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Then, just like that, she wasn't a baby.

She can crawl. My little Addi Boo who has so kindly stayed a "baby" for me for so long can crawl. And suddenly I realize that she is not a baby anymore. I think that all babies should wait til they are 14 months to become mobile. :D I have soaked up every extra second I got of her preemie-delayed-12 month and still only rolling self. I want her to succeed and grow and build her muscles and do all the things that I know she has to do. But maybe, just maybe, I was secretly hoping on the inside that she would never learn those things or grow out of her 6 month clothes and always be my little angel baby. The one who never cries, kisses me back, and snuggles with me for as long as I like. The one who was still just a baby.
 



Oh boy is this girl is cute. No one can walk by her without reminding me of just how cute she is. Whenever we are out I hear at least 5 people say. "Look at those eyes!"




8 teeth! This little babe now has 8 teeth. 4 of which all came in at the same time, it was a rough time. 

She is terrified of the vacuum unless she can see it. So when I vacuum I have to make sure she can see me and what is making the loud noise.

Her latest words: up,water, doggy, 

New Tricks: crawling, standing, blowing kisses



It's incredible how much fun you can have with sunglasses and a cup!
10 things I love about you right now

1. The way you pucker you lips like a fish when I say "kisses"
2. The way you flap your arms and flail your legs when something excites you
3. The way you say "up,up up" whenever someone walks by.
4. The way you still go crazy every time you are in your jumper
5. The way your incredible long eyelashes rest on your cheeks when you are sleeping
6. The way you swat my face away when you are done being smothered in kisses. 
7. The way your face lights up when you learn a new trick
8. Your incredible determination to reach my laptop, no matter where you are in the room. 
9. The way you snuggle into my shoulder every time I pick you up
10. The 30 minutes before bedtime when you become a wild animal and laugh, and squeal, and smile, and have more energy then I manage to muster in an entire day. Followed by the two minutes when you crash and fall soundly asleep. 

Miss Addi Boo,

 I don't know what I would do without you in my life. You have my heart baby, always will. 

 -mama

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness she is adorable and tiny and yes, "look at those eyes!".

Summer said...

She is getting so big! And yes those eyes are just captivating...