Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloween

Halloween was a BUSY FULL day. I Volunteer at Kaden's schools on Wednesdays and Halloween with a room full of dressed up Kindergartners is simply organized chaos. Fun cute organized chaos.  Kaden was suppose to take a treat to share with the class so we made these witch finger cookies.


They were freakishly realistic and a few of the girls refused to take one, a few of the dads begged to try one. #boysneverchange

Kaden had an assembly at school. The kindergarteners were the only ones allowed to dress up so they went on parade at the first of the assembly. Kaden was overjoyed with himself and literally bounced through the line showing off his costume and smiling a thousand watt grin. Later when they announced his name for winning the pumpkin contest I thought he might burst the seems of his little pig costume as he ran up to claim his prize. The rest of the day I hear him saying " and the funnies pumpkin prize goes to... "KADEN CLAYTON!"

We got dressed up around 4:30 and headed out to take some pictures before the wards trunk or treat.
Taycee was a princess this year. A very beautiful Cinderella #Disneylanddressrecycled She was in heaven putting on my makeup and spraying glitter into her hair.




Kaden was an angry bird pig. I made the costume myself, and as long as your don't inspect it too closely it will pass as an ok job. He wouldn't settle for any other costume. I tried, I bribed, it wasn't happening. I refused to pay 30 dollars for the dinky ugly one in the store so we purchased some felt and batting and created this beauty.

Addison was snow white. She was darling, as always.




We hit up the trunk or treat and gave out our ENTIRE bowl of candy in about 15 minutes. So then we headed out to do some good old fashion trick or treating. 
The kids made a haul. I currently have it locked up and I ration it out piece by piece. We have enough candy for bribes and reward to last til at least next summer. All in all I think we would label this Halloween a success. 

No comments: