I really could never say enough about this man.
But since his birthday was last week and today is Fathers day I thought I should at least pay a little tribute to the guy that holds things together around here.
Since I have been on bed reset Chris has had to be, well, everything. He is both husband and wife both father and mother, not to mention church callings and being in the final month of writing his dissertation. Honestly I don't think anyone else could have done it. But he did. And most of the time he did it with a smile on his face. :D
He is one in a million my guy. A few nights ago he gave me a pedicure... as in a full exfoliate my feet scrub the dead skin off, lotion massage pedicure. He rubs my shoulders nightly right before bed with oils in hopes that I will sleep a little better. He cleans, he cooks, he mows the lawn and takes out the garbage, he writes papers and fixes sprinklers, he carries heavy things and rearranges the play sets in the backyard while I sit on the swing and direct. He bends over to plant flowers in my flower bed because I can't. He spends long days working with coals, acids, and reactors and then spends his nights with kids, dishes, and a really pregnant wife. He gets kids ready for church, (minus the girls hair... he isn't that domestic ;)) he changes diapers and plays baseball. He is my hero. Can you tell why?
He is my best decision. I don't know that I deserve this wonder man of mine. But he hasn't seemed to figure that out yet so I get to keep him. How lucky am I?
His big 30th birthday was last week. Unfortunately because I am laid up in bed I wasn't able to do much of anything. But I did promise him the party of the century in August after his defense to make up for it. I did manage to make and hang up this sign on the garage. Too bad we live on a dead end street and about 5 people total saw it. *Sigh* Oh well, thought that counts right?
Because of my lens this is as a good of self shot as we could get.
I did arrange for a small surprise. Lisa Kelsey and Ben were able to come up with Aunt Kathy and bring Chris's all time favorite food, Chinese, for dinner.
I am not a big Chinese food fan so it is a rare meal in our house. Chris on the other hand would eat it for most meals if he could. Needless to say he was pretty excited about it.
A huge thanks to Aunt Kathy, Lisa, Kelsey and Ben for coming all the way up for dinner. They really helped make the day fun, and if they hadn't of come we would have been eating a freezer meal for his birthday dinner.
We ended the day with cheesecake, another favorite of Chris's.
Happy birthday/fathers day to the best man and daddy I know. We are so lucky to call you ours.






No comments:
Post a Comment