Oh my little man. He is a bundle of joy just waiting to burst. Which is why when he found out about the school talent show he INSISTED that he be a part.
I wasn't sure I was up for the time and energy a talent show would require and in my maybe not so best mother moment I tried to scare him out of it. I said things like, "There will be so many people there watching" and "You will have to stand at a microphone all by yourself with no one to help" to which he grinned from ear to ear and said "I KNOW!"
So we started to prepare.
I am not sure if every school is like this but Kaden's school took the talent show quite seriously. There were 3 days of auditions to narrow down the contestants. I had no idea where Kaden would fall in the talent spectrum so I tried to prepare him just in case. When we got the word that he had indeed made it into the talent show he fell to the ground laid on his back spread his arms out and said " I can't believe it! I made it into the TALENT SHOW!"
My child is a born performer.
I decided to have him sing a song that I sang when I was in the elementary talent show. Porky the Porcupine. It's an oldie but goodie. He practiced and practiced, he had actions for every word. He could sing each note on key.
The day came... he was more than a little excited.
He was number 2 in the show and it was a good thing. He could hardly sit still. He actually tried to run up and grab the mic before it was even his turn. When the time came they had him stand on the stage and hold his own mic. I was so mad because he wasn't able to do any of the cute actions he had planned with both hands on the mic. But he sure was cute up there...
In hind sight the song was probably a little too high for him. Once he got up there he was so excited he wanted to belt the whole thing out. Because of that the high parts got lost in a range of notes he was more comfortable with. But for being a kindergartner I think he did an awesome job! I sure was proud of him.
Here is a youtube link to his performance. This video is off an IPad so we couldn't zoom in. I have a better recording of it on my video camera but I have to wait til we fill that disc up before I can finalize it and pull the video off. I still plan on getting a recording of him singing with all his cute actions too!
Afterwards he said to me "Mom, I wasn't standing up there alone. I could see lots and lots of people!" I guess we don't have to worry about stage fright.


No comments:
Post a Comment