Monday, December 15, 2014

In All Things Give Thanks

Our Thanksgiving plans were up in the air this year. At one point we were going to Tennessee, then it was D.C. then we were hosting at our house and at the last minute all those plans fell through. We were so blessed to have The Woodbury's, some friends in the ward, invite us over to join their Thanksgiving feast. It worked out perfectly because Taycee adores the Woodbury's daughter Taylor and follows her around like a baby chick. Kaden and Spencer are also buds so the kids were thrilled to spend the day with them.


I decided to "throw together" this little turkey favor.....6 hours later I had 18 favors.





The men were frying the turkey outside when all of the sudden it started to hail. Chris had thrown our awning in the car just in case. I wish I had captured pictures of them frantically putting it up but all I got was a picture of them holding it down and waiting out the storm.

The turkey turned out beautifully and was probably the most moist turkey I've ever had. So I guess it was all worth it. 














There is always so much to be thankful for, but always ranking top at that list is family and friends (who often feel like family). Although we were far from so many of the people that we love, I am  immensely grateful to have so many people to miss and for an upbringing that has made my heart yearn to be home.

No comments: