Monday, April 20, 2015

The Meyers

I firmly believe that there are people Heavenly Father sends into your life. In fact, I believe that most of my answered prayers have come in the form of other people. I came to Virginia with such high hopes (and expectations) to find a group of friends that would become family and it just didn't happen. It was a hard adjustment for me and I was having hard time finding my happy. Then we met the Meyers. I know they were an answer to prayers at a time when I desperately needed a friend. They are in the military and had just been transferred (in September) to Virginia from Hawaii.  I was teaching Kaden's primary class when Bobby walked in. He sat down right by Kaden and introduced himself just like this "Hi! I am Bobby. My actual name is Robert Michael Myers the third. Have you ever known a third before? I am a third." He followed that up with "Do you like pokemon? I have 164 (I don't remember the exact number but it was a lot) pokemon cards!!" Kaden gave an equally enthusiastic reply and that was it, they were a match made in Heaven, instant best friends.


I was pretty happy to find out Bobby's mom was just as fantastic as he was, in fact their whole family was. They saved me. They took Virginia which was a pretty sad and lonely place for me and just made it better. Sometimes you meet those people who just get you, and you've been friends for a month but it feels like you've been friends for a lifetime. 




Several people at church asked if we were related, partly because their kids called me auntie (it's a Hawaii thing, and seriously the cutest) but also because the kids acted like they had been friends for forever.


Addi and Donovan are only a few months apart. They got to spend a lot of time playing together because between play-dates and family get togethers I think we saw the Meyers at least once a week sometimes more than that. Addison doesn't remember people's names except for family, she calls everyone Isa or Mom. So when Jen and Dono came over for a play date one day and she said "Hi DONO!" it was proof he basically like a family member.



After they moved she was walking around from bedroom to bedroom one morning saying "Dono...where are you?" 




Taycee adores Morgan and Morgan is a sweetheart and played big sister to Taycee most of the time.


For our ward talent no talent show we put a few numbers together. Chris and Mike won the talent for the night I think


Jen and I might have been a close second. ;)


When they found out their orders were to move to Texas the first of April I was so sad. I honestly cried more than once about it. We squeezed in every bit of fun time we could up until the night they left and then I stood in the driveway waving goodbye with alligator tears running down my cheeks. It's true though, these dear friend became like family, and they always will be.  We miss you Meyers family!!

No comments: