Kaden made a huge choice last week, probably one of the most important choices he will make and as his mom I couldn't be prouder.
I find myself in awe of this little man a lot. I think back to my 8 year old self and am quite certain I wasn't nearly as knowledgeable or valiant as he is. He has such a desire to do right and make the best choices. I believe that our Heavenly Father is saving his choicest spirits to come to the earth in these final days and I can see it Kaden.
Kaden got to have his baptism all to himself which meant we were in charge of selecting speakers and music for the program. He asked his grandpas to speak grandpa Webre on baptism and grandpa Clayton on the Holy Ghost. Grandma Webre played the piano I led the music Uncle Huter and Grandma Clayton gave the prayers and Bro. Rosvall the second counselor in our Bishopric presided at the meeting.
We spent the morning packing up and returning home from the beach which made for a busy afternoon. I was so glad to have so many extra helping hands at home to get things ready and packed up for the church. My cousin Mckell and Devin and their family made the trip down from DC just for the baptism, which was so sweet of them. So grateful to have such awesome family.
There were lots of little hiccups in the day. We forgot the chrome cast to play the video during the time Kaden was changing after he was baptized. We left the ice cream for the desert bar at home. We were running a little late all afternoon. Kaden fell in the gym (after being asked several times to stop running) and tore a hole in his BRAND NEW $90 suit. (Okay so that was a big hiccup and I might have been right at breaking point) I took a few deep breaths, reminded myself he was an 8 year old boy and in a very restrained voice asked him to go find a place to sit down and be reverent ... then I found him crab walking down the hallway. Lots more deep breaths.
However at 6:30 (after a very rushed dinner of pulled pork and watermelon) we all sat down for the program, me right next to my first baby, and none of those other little (big) things mattered. I was just so overwhelmingly proud of the person he is and is continuing to become. I am so grateful to be his mom, it is such a privilege to raise him (although often it feels like he is raising me) and watch as the strong valiant spirit inside of him shines through.
![]() |
Kaden answered a few questions for me pre/post baptism about what and how he felt about the whole experience. It is pretty fun to hear about it all through his eyes.





No comments:
Post a Comment