We celebrated our 9 year anniversary a few weeks ago. I usually try to snap a picture each year so after church (which was technically the day prior to our anniversary.) we headed into the back yard stood Kaden on a stool handed him my camera and hoped for at least one in focus picture. He didn't do too badly and we ended up with 3. The best part of the whole thing were his coaching comments, "dad your head is too far away from mom's", "mom I think your arm looks weird like that.", "okay give me a real smile". It was almost like he's had to sit and be coached through seven thousand and one pictures. Oh wait, he probably has.
We spent our anniversary doing yard work and painting the deck. Which was REALLY romantic (sarcastic emoji) it was fitting though spending the day working together on our home, and more than once I stopped and thought, "Look at this life we've built together in just 9 years." It is pretty remarkable.
I love him for so many reasons. I could (and have written in the past) write a sappy gushy post detailing all the reasons he is my soul mate, and I do believe he is. But today I will just leave it at this, he picks up the broken pieces when I can't and keeps them safe until I am ready to be whole again. He makes all the hard things seem doable. He loves me like no one else can and even when it's 11:00 at night on our anniversary and he'd rather be asleep he still turns on Pandora and dances with me by the side of our bed. He is the one I chose 9 years ago and I would choose him again 900 times over.




No comments:
Post a Comment