It has been a crazy week at our house. Last Tuesday night Chris came home feeling very sick. He was worried it was swine flu. This caused a minor heart attack for me because the kids hadn't been fully vaccinated yet. Kaden had his first does but had to wait for a month for his second dose. Taycee hadn't even been vaccinated yet. That night we quarantined Chris away from the kids and tried to decide what to do for the rest of the week. We decided to go to bed and see how he felt in the morning. Wednesday morning as Chris was lying in bed and I was trying to keep the kids happy, quiet, and away from Chris the worst possible thing happened, I bent over and threw out my back. I simply bent over to pick up Taycee and it was over. My knees buckled from the pain and I was all by paralyzed. It hurt to laugh, it hurt to move, it hurt to breath deep. Can you see the predicament here? I am paralyzed in pain and Chris is suppose to stay far away from the kids... HELP! It made for a very interesting few hours in which the kids were put down for early naps, doctors were called, moms were called, Chris tried to get me on to the bed and passed out. ( I try to say it was just because he was really weak and not because I am a hippo) Long story short we have super moms who came to our rescue. My mom showed up a few hours later and took over for the rest of the day and Chris's parents took the kids down to St George a few days early.
We are doing much better now. I still have some residing pain in my back but Chris is back to full health and the kids never caught anything.
We went down to St George this weekend for Kelly's birthday which is actually today. It is always so nice to spend time with family, and even better to do it in warmer weather.
We love Kelly/Dad/Grandpa so much! He is always one of the first to jump when we need help. He loves our kids more than words can say and they know it. They are always so happy to see grandpa. Kaden asks me daily to call and talk to gama and gampa. He is a great example to all of us and we are so grateful for him in our life.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! 
Kaden brought me the camera today and ASKED for a "pikchur" after I took one he looked at it and said "ah cute..again" this process continued and ever picture had a new face. Who is this kid?? haha I laughed for a long time over these pictures.

Its these faces that make up for the not so nice faces. Yesterday I made him a sandwich that he ASKED for. He refused to eat it and I wouldn't let him get down til he at least had a few bites. I said "Kaden take 3 bites of your sandwich" he said "You're crazy, no way!" What?! who gave him permission to have that attitude. Oh boy we are in for it.
In sacrament meeting last week during the sacrament he took a drink of the water and said.. or should I say yelled... " UMMM DATS GOOD, I LIKE IT!" we are quite entertaining in church. :)
1 comment:
THANKGOODNESS for FAMILY, right?!! so glad you and chris are doing better! throwing your back out is no fun...it happend 2 different times since i've had sophee, and thankgoodness for my inlaws...they saved me!
anywho! glad your doing well! your lil' gal is such a cutie! and what a lil' ham your boy is!!
Post a Comment