One of these stockings is not like the other, one of these stockings just doesn't belong....
Now look at this picture... can you see which stocking is slight different than the others... besides the fabric ( HINT... It is standing up on its own. )
Yes it's true. This special stocking stands up by itself. Magic? You may ask... no my friends... Heat and Bond.
The story goes something like this... I had never made stockings. It was late. I was with Katherine Kaye Rothe. She is the sewing expert so you never question her. She was helping me with my first stocking. Did I mention it was really late? I was reading through my pattern and it called for interfacing on the inside of the stockings. Kathy said she had some and would go get it so I didn't have to buy any. She came up with a big roll of white looking stuff and began to measure and unroll the amount I would need for my 4 stockings. I was slightly confused at how it was suppose to work so she offered to put it on one stocking to show me. She cut it out with the pattern and material and proceeded to iron it on. Once she had ironed it on she started peeling off the back and then it dawned on her that interfacing does not peel off. She had just applied a sheet of Heat and Bond to the back of the stocking and now needed to iron another piece of material to the other side.
To make a long story short... this special stocking is made of 4 pieces of material and 2 sheets of Heat and Bond. It crackles when you move it and stands all by itself. It will be able to hold almost anything without tearing or wearing. It was cause for a lot of laughing. Like I said... it was late.
Lesson of the story. Heat and Bond and fusible interfacing are VERY different materials with VERY different results.
1 comment:
I tell you after working all day, I am brain dead and it was around 10:30 p.m. that night.... I also make a disclaimer on everything I make that there will always be an error just to remind me that since I come with flaws so does everything I sew. It will be a reminder of me for many years after I'm gone so let's just laugh it off. At least we didn't do all 4 of them wrong. I'm tempted to go buy the fabric and redo that stocking but the crackle sound was so dang funny!!!
Post a Comment