Monday, December 21, 2009

We made it!

There were definitely times I wasn't sure we would get to this point, but we did! Chris finished his first semester of Grad School last Thursday. It was a long hard semester. Some nights I didn't see Chris at all. He worked so hard and did very well I am so proud of him. To celebrate we sent the kids to grandma Claytons and spent the entire week together. Every couple who is going through something like grad school needs this. It reminded us that we really are still totally in love with each other and beneath the titles of "mom, dad, student, homemaker, research assistant, yw leader, and elders quorum counselor." there is us... Jill and Chris.... and we still know how to laugh and tease and have fun and relax and just enjoy each other.
We attended Jennys graduation up in Idaho on Friday and Saturday. We graduated from BYU-I in the nursing program. We are so proud of her she has done such a great job. We went to her pinning ceremony on Friday night and as I was walking in a little old man in front of me opened the door... well that little old man was Elder Richard D. Scott. I was slightly stunned and stammered a Thank You. He was there all alone with no bodyguards or anything it was just him me my mom and Chris. We stood there for about a minute talking then he went on his way. He was the speaker that night and gave a beautiful address to the graduating nurses.
I can't believe Christmas is 4 days away. I love this time of year. I love the smells and the love and the feeling that Christmas brings. I am very impatient when it comes to giving gifts however and I have a hard time not giving them away as soon as I buy them. I have had my shopping done for weeks now and it will be a huge relief to have them opened. :D
Lastest Kaden News:
Kaden ran out of the tub a few days ago and into the living room where he spread his legs and started to pee. Why??? I have no clue. He was reprimanded and hopefully won't try that again.
Thursday morning Kaden came to me and asked "where's grampa" I said "he's at work" he said "can I hold him?"
Thursday night when I told Kaden he was going to grandmas house he started jumping up and down in circles saying "yes, yes, yes"
Kaden sings the abc song off of super why... actually he mumbles it while I sing. But at the end he always breaks out into lots of clapping!
Kaden things everything is amazing. When you open a window "ooh amasins" when he sees a bird "ooh amasins" when he sees a toy he likes "ooh amasins" he is easily amazed.
Taycee news:
She is the princess of the home and has us all wrapped around her fingers.
She is walking really well now.
She copies me when I call for Kaden.
She LOVES to dance and shake her head.
I think that is all for now from the Clayton Home
Hope you all have a VERY MERRY!!

2 comments:

Crystal Nelson said...

Dare you drive RIGHT by my house without stopping to say hi!!! ;)

Congrats on having your hubby back!!

Merry merry Christmas to you too!!

Tonia Z said...

Jill... small world, I found Debbie Gittins on facebook, then found your mom... then found your blog. I used to live in Honeyville and remember you growing up. Your family is beautiful. Congratulations! Happy New Year!
Tonia (Oxborrow) Fraser