Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Just the kids

Most days are spent in pjs and lounge wear around our house. If we are not leaving the house I let the kids wear whatever they want, and most of the time that is pajamas. When we are getting ready to go somewhere I always find myself wanting to take pictures because they are just so dang cute. So that is exactly what these pictures are... we were getting ready for church and I was taken in by their "cute-ness" so I pulled out the camera and stole a few shots.


They really do get along so well these days. Of course there are the inevitable fights and arguments over who had what toy first, but all in all they love to have each other around and have fun spending their days together. Having 2 kids 18 months apart was not easy at first, in fact there were MANY times when I never thought the end of the would come, but now I am so happy they are so close and will always have a friend right down the hall.

What is more fun than bath time?..... bath time with body paints!
The kids were given these body paints for Christmas from grandma Clayton. They love them, there seems to be this great excitement that comes from getting extra dirty while in the bath. Unfortunately the red paint doesn't wash off super great if has been on for more than a few minutes, so even after his bath Kaden looked a little discolored.


Kaden as I always say is a crack up. The other day we drove past a smoke stack that was letting out white smoke and he exclaimed... "MOM!! Is that the HOLY SMOKES?"
His newest phrase is "he is a funny guy" he was watching blues clues and all of the sudden I heard him gut laughing followed by a loud "That steve is a funny guy!" He makes me smile all the time. He is a sweet little boy and always let me know many times a day how much he loves me.
Taycee is getting older and smarter every second. She now knows her numbers and letters. She will see letters on people shirts and point out to me which letter is what. And she is only 2! Her speech blows me away. The words she uses and sentences she put together makes me feel like she is 10 and I am constantly having to remind myself that she really is still a little girl.

They make being a mom fun... most of the time :)

No comments: