Thursday, June 16, 2011

Kadens Birthday

Against my will Kaden turned 4. I begged and pleaded and bribed but he did it anyway. It is a good thing another baby will be here shortly or I might have had a come apart at the fact that my baby boy is huge and big and not even close to being my baby boy.

The little stud was lucky enough to have 2 parties. We started the fun off at Chuck-E-Cheese the week before his birthday for a party with Grandma and Grandpa Webre and friends. Kaden had never been to Chuck-E-Cheese and he was in heaven. We had pizza and cake and he played the night away with close to 100 tokens.

He requested a giraffe cake, I thought cupcakes would be the easiest way to accomplish that. That seems to be where the thinking ended. I made a lemon lime refrigerator cake with a cream topping, it's called a refrigerator cake because it is suppose to stay cold. I didn't realize that to make a giraffe it would have to be on a very very long board that wouldn't fit in a cooler. Results? I very melted goopy cake...
Oh well, he squealed with excitement and loved it anyway. That is why kids are so great.
Kaden loved dancing and watching himself on the TV'sWe were glad the Egberts joined us so Kaden could have a friend there.As always he was a very gracious present opener gasping with excitement with every present he opened.The party crew minus Chris who was taking the picture.My BIG birthday boy with Chuck himself.Then on his actual birthday we had another party in St George at Grandpa and Grandma Claytons house. This time he requested a big tractor cake. I thought things through a little better this time.He was oh so excited as alwaysThank you to the dollar tree for providing one of his favorite presents...

He spent the rest of his birthday playing on his new leapfrog from grandma and grandpa. It took a good week before he would put it down.

I think I am in denial that my baby boy is not at all a baby anymore. He is smart, funny, clever, sweet and my bestest buddy. He is constantly making me laugh with the things he says and does. He learns things so quickly and often surprises me by the things he understands and knows. He has such a tender heart and is always the first to share his toy or help out the other kids around. More than once a day he will randomly tell me how much he loves me or how great I am. He does wonders for my self esteem. He is the easiest child to discipline because all I have to do is tell him he is being naughty and he instantly tears up and says "I am sorry mom". His imagination is wonderful and I love listening to him come up with stories. He is a joy to have around and I am so thankful he was sent to be mine!

Here are some of the most recent funny things he has said

Kaden got his first ear infection since he has had tubes so we took him in to the doctor. When the doctor came in to see him he asked him if he had any girlfriends and Kaden said "well I have my Taycee and my mom and my daddy is the bestest boy ever."

The other day he was talking to Chris on the phone at work and when Chris said he had to go Kaden said "ok dad, I promise I will never let you down" I know I am pregnant and emotional but he said it so sincerely that it almost made me cry. Ha

We had just said prayers and Kaden looked at me and said "Mom I can't fly huh" I said "nope buddy people can't fly" and he said "yep, I guess that is just for dragons and Heavenly Father".

I had been fighting Kaden for almost an hour to lay down and take a nap and it just wasn't happening. Finally Kaden came downstairs and before I could talk he raised his hand to stop me and said "mom, mom, mom, I am hungry... I am berry berry hungry. Christopher made me hungry" (??? what?) then he held up his finger, smiled and said "I have and idea, you make me a sandwich and I will watch a show real quiet." haha my little bargainer.

We were in sunbeams talking about things that smell and taste good and bad. I brought up cows and Kaden raised his hand so excitedly, I asked him what he wanted to say and he said "I went and saw cows once, I pulled on their pee pee's and milk came out!" ( Kadens class is 90% girls, and luckily I don't think they quite understood what he meant.) I had to explain when we got home from church what an udder was.

Kaden found an eraser that was shaped like a moose head and he gasped and said to me "MOM WHERE DID THIS COME FROM?" ( he was so excited) I said "I don't know buddy I haven't seen it before, it must have come from one of the junk drawers." he relpied "no mom, Jesus threw it down here for me." I said "oh really?" he said "yeah he threw it down from the sky." then he looked up to the ceiling and YELLED " HEY JESUS, DID YOU THROW THIS DOWN HERE FOR ME??" few second pause... he looks at me "he said yes." then looks back at the ceiling "THANK YOU JESUS" then a few minutes later he said "man, he is such a good boy."

Can you tell he makes me laugh daily? The stories go on and on.

Happy Birthday Buddy! We sure do love you, thanks for being such a bright part of our life.

No comments: