Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sand Dunes

Right after Pine Valley we went to the sand dunes with my family. It was definitely a trip for Chris, I had strict orders from my doctor that I was not allowed to ride on any four-wheeler. So I went knowing I would mostly sit around and watch the kids. That is mostly what I did but it was still a fun trip. Luckily I had a few camp partners who weren't too interested in riding either. So we played games and chilled at camp together.

Mom and Katie soakin in some sun while the boys were out riding the hills
Of course there was the typical trip break down. I don't know that I have ever gone on a trip like this with my family where something hasn't stopped working. Luckily these experiences have made my father very handy! Within about an hour it was up and running again. They just had to take apart and put the carburetor back together... twice.
Jason had a few sweet jumps on his motorcycle and got some pretty good air.


Chris is not nearly as familiar with four-wheelers as my family is. We grew up riding them and always went on fun four-wheeler trips. But in true man fashion he didn't want to be left out of the fun and so he tried to jump the four-wheeler off the same hill Jason was jumping his motorcycle...
Not bad for a newbie on a heavy four-wheeler!

He is a natural he'll be jumping the motorcycle in no time!
Just to prove I was actually on the trip.
Hmmm... what could be so interesting in that bucket??
.... checking it out
Grandpa caught a lizard for Kaden. Kaden watched it for awhile then decided it should be free and dumped it back out on the ground. Guess we won't be keeping many snakes or other creatures caught at this house... dang... ;)
Diggin in the sand and showin a little crack.
I guess it was contagious...
They were so proud of their sand castle
Grandma and Grandpa found a pond where there were lots of tad poles. The kids went back with buckets and caught 10 or 20 of them. They were so excited, it reminded me a lot of growing up in Honeyville and catching little guppies at the reservoir. It seems like we always had a big bucket of tiny fishies outside. I was happy my kids got a little taste of that. We did not however bring the tadpoles home. I didnt want to transport them for the 3 hour drive.
Kaden thought he should hold one in his hand... I am guessing it didn't live too much longer past this picture.
It was a fun trip even though I couldn't ride. The kids had a blast and my mom and Katie made for good company back at camp!

No comments: