Thursday, June 28, 2012

Girls Weekend

The first weekend in June Chris was kind enough to send me away for a girls weekend with my sister Jenny. Maybe he did it for his sanity as well as mine, I think that I was running a little low on the sweet and patience meter. Either way it was a good time.

We started the night shopping at City Creek and then headed to Hale Center Theater to see the Sound of Music. It was a fabulous musical that we both thoroughly enjoyed. 

We spent the night in Salt Lake at the Pavilion Inn. They gave up complimentary tootsie rolls. :)

What is a hotel stay without a few jumping on the bed pictures?



The next morning we went and got massages from the massage school in Salt Lake. Our hotel clock was running 10 minutes behind so we were a little late for the massage but it all worked out. Our plan afterward was to go to a water park and spend the day. When we pulled up at cowabunga bay it was so windy that it blew my hat off so we opted to find a free pool somewhere. 

Jenny's friend in Provo suggested a free pool to us and we headed out. When we got to the pool I realized it was just a pool at some college apartments. I was a little hesitant to go but figured it would be fine for a few hours, then we saw a HUGE pool party sign with balloons and a bbq being set up. I REALLY didn't want to stay then, I felt so out of place and awkward. Jenny insisted it was fine, and that I didn't look like a 27 year old mom with three kids crashing in on a college pool party... hahah....yeah. I agreed to stay for a little while, but once the music started blaring and and the pool was swarming with 19 year olds I called it quits and we went to get a jamba juice.
 




After the pool fiasco we headed up to Aunt Bettys Cabin up Provo Canyon. Grandma Halladay, Aunt Betty, Mom, and Aunt Julie were all up there. It is so beautiful up there and we spent the next 2 days eating and hiking and eating and playing games and eating. :D



Monday on our way home we met Chris picked up the kids and headed to Cherry Hill for the day.



It was such a fun weekend and a great way to recharge my batteries. 

No comments: