Thursday, June 28, 2012

Then, he turned 29


Chris's birthday was kind of boring this year. haha.  The very next day was his proposal defense (more on that later) so he spent the majority of the day at work. His birthday present was suppose to be the bikes we bought for the family earlier in the month so I didn't really have any fun surprises for him. The kids make it hard to go anywhere fun to eat dinner so I just made his favorite dinner (enchiladas). As I was brainstorming during the day what I could do I asked Kaden for some ideas. He said without hesitation "I want to give daddy a treasure hunt" so we did. Kaden made all the clues by himself. I have never seen such an excited little boy. He couldn't wait for daddy to get home. As soon as he walked in the door Kaden said "DAD WE HAVE A SURPRISE FOR YOU!" Then he handed him the first clue.
Chris was such a good sport. He played right along and searched extra hard for each clue before finding it.

One of the clues was a pan


The final clue was the car where there was a nice little hot pink "treasure" box waiting for him

Inside were a few little things for his bike, some squirt guns, his old watch that I had fixed and a bag of milky ways. 


For his cake I made mini cream filled lemon cup cakes... which are TO DIE FOR. Seriously, I have never had a better cupcake. Sweet tooth fairy ain't got nothing on these.
One cake mix makes 75 mini cupcakes... we had a lot to go around.



I had to get a picture of Kadens "clues" he drew for Chris. They were so cute. My favorie was number 3-the "TB" which was the T.V.  
1- Piano
2- Basketball hoop
3- TV
4- Computer
5- Bed ( he had a hard time with that one)
6- Tub
7.- Frig
8- Pan
9- Car


Happy Birthday Chris we all love you so much. You are the greatest husband and father a family could ever hope for!

No comments: