It seems that I have a never ending project list, to go along with my to do list, my goals list, and my "I'll never find the time but if I do..." list.
Most of my projects have been household ones lately, from wall clocks to a kitchen back splash I have kept our every spare minute full. Chris has been his normal helpful self and has taken each project in stride and with a drill (or hammer or tile saw) in hand. One of my last projects was refinishing an old storm door. Taycee was able to help this time and she was so excited. I decided to document this project from start to finish, with my awesome phone camera. :)
I found a store in Richmond that salvages old doors and building parts from old condemned buildings. It was an awesome store that I could spend far more money than I should in. Finding the right door was a bit tricky, the space the door was to hang was only 67 inches wide, far shorter than a normal door. After looking through isles and isles of old doors I found this beauty.
And 67 dollars later I was out the door... with a door. :)
The project began by cleaning the inch of dust off the glass panes
Then after taping off the glass we started with a coat of ivory paint.
After coat two on both sides we were finished for the day.
I took some sage paint from an old can in the garage, added some plaster of paris and added a coat of the newly made chalk paint.
Once it was dried it was time to do a little distressing, after I did one side by hand Chris suggested using his handy drill attachment, which sanded the entire door in 1/4 of the time it took me to do half the other side.
All distressed and ready to be waxed.
After waxing it was Chris's turn to do his handiwork and attach the four door knobs
Drumroll....the finished product...
The next project came about while I was in the shower staring at the pitch of our ceiling. Somehow it reminded me of chevron stripes and I thought to myself, huh, I think I would love big grey chevron stripes on this wall. I told Chris of my thoughts that night as we were laying in bed and 3 days later he was making it happen. (Love that man of mine.)
It wasn't easy, but I LOVED it when it was done.
I think for now we have reached the bottom of my project list. At least for today, I might have a few ideas brewing in the back of my mind, but for fear of wearing thin that man I love maybe I will give him at least a few spare minutes to enjoy!















2 comments:
I want to do projects with you! I would love to make a cute wreath like that for our new house. And Evan and I want to find an old door to refinish and use as a headboard for our bed.
Jill you are incredible! I am amazed at your energy for big projects! They turned out great!
Post a Comment