Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Farewells

We have had a lot of goodbyes this month. First we said good bye to our old apartment. While that was a bit sad it was not nearly as sad as saying goodbye to our old ward. We loved it there. We love the people of that ward, we love the spirit that is there. I have never felt more welcomed or loved in a ward. We even like our callings ( and they were time consuming callings). I am still trying to come to terms with the fact that we will not be returning to the Mountainview ward.
More recently we said goodbye to Ben and Jenny who both left on missions the same day.
We had a big family farewell party for Jenny at my parents house. They opened the pool up and we did a bbq. Kaden got worn out from all the fun and crashed on the chair. Wed the 23rd we drove to Provo to say our final goodbyes. Although it is sad to think I won't see my sister for 18 mo. seeing how happy she was to be going made it hard to fell sad at all.

We met at Golden Corral for lunch.






She will be such a powerful missionary. I just read her first letter last night and she said "I feel like a beached whale that is back in water... I BELONG HERE." I was so impressed with that statement ( although at first I was confused about the whale part) I do not know many people who could step into an environment of 24 hour gospel study/no entertainment/ no media/constant gospel instruction and without hesitation say I belong here. But it's true, Jenny does belong there. She is good as gold and is thriving in a place where she can feel the spirit uninterrupted all day every day. She will be missed but the good she will do in the Philippians will be great.



We also said goodbye to Ben. We met him at Panda Express where he was eating lunch with his family. He is a good kid and we are excited to have him join the family when he gets home.

1 comment:

Heather Webre said...

WOAH! My sisters are FAR to beautiful.