Life seems to be flying by and I feel like so much is going un-documented. I had a list of things to update on the blog before the baby came but I didn't plan on her coming so early. I would hate for the other two munchkins to be forgotten in the hype of a new baby so I am going to try and go back and document all the cute things from the last couple months.
I took the kids out to do Kaden's 4 year pictures, it is amazing how much bribing and hollering and noise making it takes to get a few good pictures out of little kids, but we did get a few I was happy with.


When I had the baby and Kaden came to the hospital to see her for the first time he said "Oh mom, I am so glad you finally spit her out of your belly." I gut laughed. I am guessing this came from the thought he had when he asked if I ate babies because he thought that was how I had a baby in my tummy.
Taycee had a broken toy the other day and Kaden said "let me have it, I am a great fixer!"
When we went camping awhile back Kaden was calling the pine-cones coconuts. We told him they were pine-cones. Taycee somehow combined the two words and started calling them "poke-a-nuts". It was too cute to correct. Now we point out pine-cones just to hear her say "oooo a poke-a-nut!"
One morning while getting ready for a bath I caught Kaden standing in front of the mirror talking with his belly button. He had his stomach in both hands squishing it up and down saying "hello I am mr. belly button, what is your name?"
Taycee's new favorite word is "super" and she uses it in almost ever sentence. "Mom I am so super full" "Mom I am super super cold" "Mom I am not super tired"
Taycee also has started calling people "buddy" but only when she is angry. The other day we had some friends over and one of the little boys butted in front of her on the slide. She yelled "HEY BUDDY, MOVE OVER IT'S MY TURN!" Guess we don't have to worry about her standing up for herself.

I had to print and frame this picture of her because it is oozing with sass... and so is she.

My handsome guy 4 years old
Kaden and Taycee play a lot of make-believe these days. It is not uncommon at all to hear them say something like "okay, you are Diego and I am Dora" or "You are the momma and I am the doctor". (We have been seeing a LOT of doctors the past few months :))
Taycee's still says "nice to eat you" when she meets someone new. No matter how hard I try to get her to say "meet" it just doesn't happen. I am raising a cannibal.
Kaden got his first ear infection since his tubes were put in 2 years ago. I think it traumatized him. It started with him saying he had water in his ear, I could tell it was bugging him but didn't think it was a huge deal. I explained it was probably from his bath and it would get better soon. The next day it was still bugging him and he kept digging at his ear. By day 3 his ear started draining yellow nasty stuff and I knew he must have an ear infection. We had to constantly keep a cotton ball in his ear to keep it from dripping. We couldn't put on or take off a shirt without a major melt down. If his ear was even slightly bumped he had a come-apart. It took about a week before the meds help to clear things up. Now every time he gets water close to his ear he freaks out and worrys it will get infected again. Poor kid.
The kids are doing really well with the new baby. So far no jealousy at all. The only problem has been there desire to do everything with her. They want to watch her eat, and sleep, and get her diaper changed. We have had to have a few talks about what is and isn't ok to do with the baby. The biggest talk came after Taycee decided to carry the baby downstairs by herself.
Chris had left early in the morning for work and had brought Addison in to lay next to be on the bed. I rolled over and went back to sleep. Kaden came in a couple hours later and woke me up by saying "mom, Taycee brought Addison downstairs for you." I have never jumped out of bed and ran down 2 flights of stairs so fast in my life. Sure enough Addison was laying on the couch right next to Taycee. I have come to the conclusion that angels must have been helping to carry that baby because I know Taycee doesn't have the slightest idea how to correctly carry a tiny 5 lb baby. I don't even understand how she got her off of our 4 foot bed. Thinking about the whole thing makes me ill.
I am sure there are so many things I have forgotten which makes me sad. Hopefully we can get back into a routine things won't get so left behind.... here's to hoping.
1 comment:
Jill your kiddos are so cute! I love that Taycee says nice to eat you and oh my gosh, it made me ill reading about her carrying her down the stairs! I can't imagine how you felt. I'm sure you about lost your stomach!
Post a Comment