Sunday-- Day 2 of the countdown

Well we made it back to the hospital. It was nice to be home and sleep in our own bed and get a break from hospital life but it was also very nerve racking. We left the nurse with the instruction to call us if anything happened. I watched my phone like a hawk from the minute we left til the minute we walked back in the room. Every time it would beep or ring my heart would sink. Luckily it was never the NICU. We called around 9 last night just to make sure everything was ok and they said she had been doing great.
We haven't been able to talk to the neonatologist this morning yet but the nurse said that in rounds everything was pretty much the same as yesterday. They did lower her air to 1/4 liter from the 1/2 liter she was on. The nurse said they tried taking the cannula out just to see how she did and she still needed a little stimulation. So we are hoping that she does well on the 1/4 liter and that after a couple days she can be back to room air. Then we can taker her home!
As we got ready for church this morning and while we were in Sacrament meeting, the spirit seemed to fill me up with hope and reassurance. I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who is ever so mindful of our situation. I am grateful to know that he loves this little baby even more than I do and has her constantly in his watchful hands.
3 comments:
Jill I must say you are absolutely stinking gorgeous in this picture, it is hard to believe you just had a baby! She is so precious and we are keeping you guys in our prayers! You are an amazing mother and you can get through this!
Jill I have been praying for you guys and included you in my Fast yesterday. I love you so much and Im so glad she is doing better and better each day. I know you have tonz of help from family and I dont live that close but I would LOVE to help in anyway that I can. Keep your chin up Heavenly Father does love you and he will help you through this tough time. Your in my thoughts and prayers I Love You !
Jill! Oh my goodness! I just read all your blog posts for the past 9 days and I couldn't help but cry a little. You have such a great attitude about your situation. I will pray for your little one and your family. You are such a sweet mommy and Addison is lucky to have you. If you ever need anything I'd be more than happy to help you! Hang in there.
Post a Comment