Tuesday-- 4 days since last event

Addison is still doing well. Things haven't changed much. She is eating like a champ, between 45 and 50 ml every 4 hours. She has started to gain some weight back and is up to 4 lbs 13 oz. She is still at a 1/4 liter of air on her cannule. They think she is probably ready to be on room air but everyone is a little nervous to take her of the cannule. The last thing we want is to have an event on day 5 or 6 and have to start all over again. On that same note, we are not going home with the cannule so we have to take that leap of faith sometime. I'm sure I will be a nervous wreck for the first day they take it out but I also feel very confident we will be taking her home Friday so I anxious to take the next step towards getting her ready.
We weren't able to stay at the hospital again last night. They are full and very busy around here, so we had to drive home. Leaving the hospital at 12:00 or 1:00 in the morning to make the 30 minute drive home gets old fast, our gas bill isn't loving it either. We are hoping that we can get a room here the next few nights.
I think that is all for today. Feel free to comment if you have any questions that I have forgotten to address here.

1 comment:
you are so great to keep everyone updated like this. you're a super mom. i'm loving the pics on facebook, she is so precious, i adore her already.
Post a Comment