Sunday, July 31, 2011

One Month

I can't believe this little angel is already one month old! Where does the time go? I feel like I want to freeze every second because it is all flying by so quickly.
She is growing... slowly. At one month she weighs 5lbs 9 oz. The doctor wants her to put on weight a little faster than that so we are back to fortifying every other feeding with Neosure til she starts to put some fat on.

She still sleeps like a champ. I get about 7 hours of sleep most nights. She is nursing much better and usually wakes up during the day by herself to eat. Mostly I just love on her all day long, which mean I am sadly behind in most of my housework/craft projects. Oh well, they are only this tiny and sweet for so long and I don't want to miss it because of dishes and hair bows.

Kaden and Taycee have been at grandma Claytons for the week. This has given me even more snuggle time with the baby and I am taking full advantage. I am not sure when they will be coming home, the Claytons are waiting for their car to be fixed (it is in a shop in Santaquin). I can tell it is summertime when they seem to spend as much time in St George as they do at home. I am so grateful the Claytons love having them so much. They love being down there and always come home with so many fun stories. Everyday is a party when they are at grandmas house. I am sure they will have a lifetime of fun summers at grandma and grandpas house.

The kids have been darling with Addison, they love her to pieces. We haven't had any jealousy problems, really the only problems we have is they tend to love her a little too much :D. They smother her and always want to be wherever she is, nursing, bathing, diaper changing... anywhere. Kaden has had many questions in the nursing department, we decided honestly was the best policy. He uses the word "nipples" a lot now. We are trying to remedy that. It is AMAZING to have a new spirit in your home. They have such a peace and closeness to the Lord they bring with them, sometimes it is almost tangible. It has been so incredible to watch Kaden with Addison. Remember all the stories while I was pregnant about Kaden seeming to almost KNOW Addison already? Well that has continued. One morning she was laying on the counter while breakfast was being cooked and Kaden walked up to her, they locked eyes ( she doesn't focus on anything or anyone yet) and there was such a strong feeling of recognition. It was almost like their spirits were saying "I am so glad to see you again" I just know they will be very close through this life. It has been awesome to watch the bond they seem to have already.

I will finish off with two funnies from the kids

Chris was trying to teach Kaden the fuzzy wuzzy poem. After he had left for work I overheard Kaden in his bedroom... this is how he said the poem
"Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no pants, Fuzzy Wuzzy had a very cold bum." hehe, I giggled while I fed the baby.

Taycee was in the car and Cassidie asked if she had farted she replied "no, I burped out my bum."

Hope you are all having a great summer :) We sure are.

No comments: