Valentines day is always a tricky day at our house. Because my birthday is on Valentines day Chris always spoils me and insists that I do nothing for him. But it just doesn't seem right to let the day go by without doing something for my Valentines. This year was especially tricky because Valentines day fell on a Thursday which is the day I volunteer in Kaden's class. Chris had to work through the night Wednesday night as well so he wasn't able to make it home til right about the time I was leaving with Kaden for school. But he still did his best and picked up some Breakfast on his way home.
We headed out the door at 7:50 with Kaden's Valentines box and treats in hand.
The night before Cupid laid out a few Valentines surprises for everyone in the house.Chris-
and the kids-
I told Chris that we are going to have to start celebrating my birthday on another day because I think I have LOTS of days of school Valentines parties ahead of me. Kaden was a riot during school, he is such a ham and is always saying something that cracks me up. Although while we are at school I swallow the laugh down and advise him to sit down and be quiet.
Before they started all of the Valentines festivities they had to get a little school work done, Kaden finished his assignemnt before the other kids and was sitting quite bored at his desk. Out of nowhere he shouts "who is 5 in this class?" A lot of the kids raised their hands, and he went around to all of them giving them a high 5 and saying. "Alright, high 5 for being 5"
Later they were showing off their valentine boxes to the class and a cute little girl stood up. It was quite apparent that her parents had forgotten to make a Valentine box til about 5 minutes before school started. She had a box wrapped in wrapping paper with a small hole torn out of the top. Compared the the robots and princesses and monsters and buses the other kids had created hers looked a little homely. After she presented her box to the class Kaden paused for a moments and then shouted "alright everyone let's give her a hand." to which the whole class started clapping. I think he made her day.
Chris brought in balloons and flowers about 10 minutes before class was over and thoroughly embarrassed me. I saw him through the window before he came into class and shewed him away repeatedly but he didn't pay me any mind and waltzed right in away. He even got both girls dressed and tried to do their hair with bows and all before he came. A true act of service.
Chris had plans for the rest of the day but unfortunately my pregnant self was spent by the time Kaden's school was out. So instead of going out I suggested we pack up a day early and make the trip down to St George for some time in the sunshine.
BEST.PRESENT.EVER.
I got 4 days with Chris in the sunshine. The weather was in the 60's. We took the kids to the park every day. We laid on blankets in the sunshine and soaked up some much needed Vitamin D. The kids played in a fountain while we ate lunch. I spent some birthday money and got everything on my list. When it was time to come home on Monday I wanted to cry. We stayed til the last possible second, before loading up into the car and making the 5 hour drive home. I took my camera to take a few pictures but never got it out of the car. I was too busy enjoying every moment of our free time.
It was a much needed get away for our little family. The sunshine can't come soon enough to our part of the state. The kids are still asking when we can go to grandmas house again so we can play at the park. If Kaden wasn't in school we would probably be living there.
Here is to hoping sunshine comes this way soon. Very very soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment