Halloween was all sorts of crazy for us this year. Here is a brief rundown.
The Monday Prior we carved pumpkins.
Addi's Taycee's Kaden's
The backs
Halloween day started with Kaden's costume parade at school. I packed all four kids into the car and we were front and center around the track as Kaden Zoomed by... literally, he was running. We lucked out and he fit into Uncle Cam's old Batman costume. We were even more lucky that that was exactly what he had asked to be that year.
After the parade we went back home and started getting everyone else ready to head to grandmas work. They had a fun Halloween lunch and the kids wanted to show their costumes off.
About a month ago Taycee wanted to be a ghost. Plain sheet two holes in it ghost. However, when she saw the mermaid costume that quickly changed. She loves all things beautiful and sparkly. So it fit her well. And what good is Halloween without some glitter and face paint?
My beautiful little mermaid
Addi's costume came about because she already had red sparkly shoes in the closet. So Dorothy she was. The smallest Dorothy costume I could find was a 4T, so it was a bit big. But she didn't mind.
Brielle's costume was a little modge podge of items. She had the spider jammies months ago, I have something against paying money for a babies costume. So I stuffed a few of Kaden's church socks with fluff, tied them together with black yarn and safety pinned them to the back of her spider jammies... WAHLA my little black spider.
After Grandmas work and Kaden's school I frantically started packing the car. We had gotten word from the moving company that morning that in order to have the car in Virginia when we landed we needed to ship it at 8:00 the next morning... from BRIGHAM! Which meant that I had about 16 hours to pack up everything that needed to be loaded into the storage shed in Layton for the moving truck to pick up and deliver it up north before my vehicle would need to be taken. I debated leaving right then, but couldn't bring myself to take away Halloween from the kids so we stuck around and waited til after trick or treating to take off.
Brielle did a lot of what I WANTED to do that day.
Me and my Halloween crew.
Off to Oz I suppose.
Aunt Cass was awesome and took the kids trick or treating while I finished up getting things ready at the house.
We ended up leaving St George at 8:00 pm. I arrived in Brigham loaded to the hilt... (seriously, like not 6 inches of extra room anywhere in the car plus a trailer on the back) just before 2 am.
I was more than a little nervous driving that late with all my kids alone, loaded with all of our belongings. Claudia and Kelly could see I was stressed about it. About 5 minutes after I left the house I got a call from Claudia saying they were on their way to drive up with me. I couldn't believe it. They drove from St George to Santaquin with me and then turned around and drove home because they had work in the morning. It was just one of the many times they have saved me these past 7 weeks. I was so grateful for their willingness to sacrifice their night, and sleep, and gas, to help me feel safe. They are the best.
Once we got up north we had a family Halloween party with my family. The best part was it was 2 days after Halloween. Jenny and I were Salt and Pepper
My so awesome family ( Minus Chris and Brielle)
We did a road rally to kick things off. We had to do things such as
Gather a hair from someone at 7-11
Ring someones door bell and sing them a Halloween song
Ring someones door bell and say "I want to suck your blood"
Collect a bug from grandmas house
Go to the park and slide down the slide then take a silly picture
Put $1.11 worth of gas in your car
there were more, but you get the gist here are a few pics from our team
There were many more but Amy was in charge of pics so most of them are on her phone.
We had great food, and played lots more fun game. I wish I would have taken more pics of the night but I was managing four kids and just didn't have the time.
About halfway through the party I noticed dad and Addi were missing. I found the watching Finding Nemo together on his bed. :D
It was a fun and VERY busy Halloween. I can't say that Halloween is my favorite Holiday, but this year we definitely did it to the max.
















1 comment:
That was a lot of fun! I thought you said you didn't get any pics of Addi in her costume? And I don't think I ever saw Bri in her costume (til now). Just like her mama ;) Love it!
Post a Comment