I was so lucky to be able to go to Virginia for a weekend and visit Chris. Mom and Dad were troopers and took Kaden and Taycee with them to Moab. Addison stayed with Aunt Lisa and Brie was my little travel buddy. It had only been 3 weeks but it felt like forever since I had seen him. It was a much needed weekend to recharge my batteries and make it through the final 4 weeks we would be without him.
When Chris and I were dating we lived 3.5 hours away from each other. Most weekends one of us would make the trip to visit for a few days. As I was on the plane I felt a little like we were dating again.. except this time I had a babe in arms ;) I was anxiously awaiting seeing his handsome face again. Once we finally landed I had butterflies in my stomach as I walked out of the terminal to find him. I was all smiles from that point on. Being with him is the best place to be.
We took advantage of the time we had to go do a little touring of this new place we will call home. We started with the canal walk in downtown Richmond.
That night Chris talked me into trying seafood. I am a hater of all things fish. But he convinced me that Utah fish is nothing like East Coast fish. So I gave in and we headed to the Bonefish Grill. He was in the middle of telling me how "not fishy" calamari is when they brought out a plate of these beauties...
Not fishy huh?.... I ordered the fettuccine
The next day we went to Pocahontas state park. It was gorgeous. We took a 2 mile walk through scenery like this.
Brie loved it and was perfectly content the entire time.
Beautiful walks down scenic trails sure can tucker a girl out.
The trip was over in a blink of an eye and I found myself back in the airport with swollen red eyes all too soon. But I was so grateful for the chance to spend a little time with that man of mine and get a taste of the beautiful place we will be calling home.









.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment