Friday, December 20, 2013

O Christmas Tree

Thanksgiving was over and Christmas was fast approaching. I have to be honest and say that this year I felt a little scroogy (I think I just made that word up) I had just spent weeks decorating, organizing and putting away and digging out Christmas boxes to do it all again wasn't on the top of my list of things I wanted to do. But the little people in my life were insistent and I couldn't let our first Christmas away from home be dampened by my lack of energy. So one day after cleaning up all the Thanksgiving festivities we pulled out Christmas festivities.  The kids were happy as clams (whatever that means) and had a jolly time decorating the tree.

I bit my tongue as their tiny eager hands hung 6 ornaments on the same branch and reminded myself that it didn't really matter where the ornaments were hung because they would be rearranged by the Boost about 400 times before Christmas actually came. They were oh so proud of their finished product.

And although I already have plans in the works to have a tree that look like this next year...

This year I will be content with my little tree in the corner that was decorated by my very own little elfs.

No comments: