Friday, December 20, 2013

Puttin on the Ritz

Chris has his first work party. He got the invite while I was still in Utah and called to ask me if I wanted to go. It was a "coat and tie" party and the kids were definitely not invited. We debated weather we would be able to find a baby sitter so soon after moving to an area we didn't know. I was banking on meeting some awesome young women in the ward and told him to RVSP yes. 
Finding a baby sitter was a little harder than I had planned. It turned out that our ward Christmas party was the same night and we couldn't ask anyone in the ward to miss it to watch the kids. Luckily I was told that the Stake Presidents daughters were great baby sitters and they were available for that night. So for the first time ever we left all 4 kids with a cute 15 year old girl and went on a date all by ourselves.

The party was at the country club of Virginia. It was a huge beautiful building. Every room inside had a buffet table with different types of food. Every room also had an open bar, we thoroughly enjoyed the free ginger ale. :) I got to meet a few of the people Chris works with and lots and lots of people he doesn't know. :) I think in all there were about 600 people there. He knew about 10. I think next year he might be a little better acquainted with people. They did have a dance floor with a really fun band playing and we danced for awhile. Towards the end of the night the open bar was starting to show on the dance floor and we decided to call it a night. 

All in all it was a fun time and I enjoyed the chance to get dressed up and do something different. I made Chris take "dance" pictures with me so that in 10 years I have proof that among the days of ponytails sweats and baby spit up there were still times I didn't look like bleary eyed sleep deprived mom.








And then we may have discovered this cool auto shoot setting on my phone where  I call out the word "shoot" and it takes a picture. And this series of pictures came about.




No comments: