Friday, December 20, 2013

Thanksgiving

I thought before Christmas comes and I am buried under even more pictures and unwritten posts I should catch up on Thanksgiving!

This years Thanksgiving was our first one on our own. We were super lucky to have my cousin and her little family come down and join us. She lives about two hours north of us in Virginia and it was nice not to still have some family to celebrate the Holiday with. Thanksgiving came only 2 weeks after we arrived in Virginia and I spent almost every hour of the day (and night) trying to get our home presentable enough to host such a fun occasion. All the work and late (late, late, late) nights made Thanksgiving day seem extra relaxing. 

We cooked up a turkey and many other delicious side dishes and feasted.

The kids loved having Bridger to play and run around with. They were sure sad when he had to go home.




Brielle was an excellent supervisor as we cooked up the food.

Mckell whipped up some cream and we ended the night with a selection of yummy pies. We had banana cream, pumpkin and apple.

Poor Boost didn't get a nap and eventually just crashed right in the middle of the living room floor.

Chris and Devan went out that night to try and catch some of the Black Friday deals and they were extremely successful. They both got exactly what they went out for. I have a very large TV on my wall as proof.

It was a great first Thanksgiving here out on our own. This year as always we felt like there was so much to be grateful for. We truly are blessed.

No comments: