Friday, May 30, 2014

Fast as a Monkey

Kaden was being a grump so I said to him, "Buddy, how come you are having such a hard time being happy today?" To which he replied "Mom... have you met my sister?"


For homework Kaden was suppose to draw our family tallest to shortest. He wanted to be outside playing with friends so he was drawing at super speed, and with little attention to detail or quality.  He was talking to himself as he drew and although I didn't hear everything I did hear these excerpts
"Hmm he looks like a monkey...that's ok"
"Oh.. I forgot her eye"
"Oh, I better fix her head... she looks like a pig"
"Should I give Phoebe four legs just on this side?... or four legs on both sides....then she would be a spider"

Less than 2 minutes from the time I handed him a blank paper he handed me back this....



I guess art won't be his forte.

I asked Taycee to grab me a couple things from upstairs, she retuned pretty quickly so I said "wow you are fast" She walked away and said to herself "I just did that fast as a monkey."

We were talking about a teacher at Taycee's preschool named Ms. Vickie. Kaden was listening in and said "Her name is Ms. Vickie?" I said "yes" and continued on with the conversation. Kaden then said under his breath "wow, she must be really big!" I stopped and asked him why he thought that and he said "well her name IS Ms. Biggie" ... apparently he misheard the name. 

This is an old one but I want to document it here for safe keeping.


For homework yesterday Kaden had to write down a story problem that used subtraction. This is what he wrote,"There were four babies crying. A bad guy came and taped two babies mouths shut. How many babies are still crying?" I am sure that will be a new one for his teacher.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Oh man! your kids are hilarious! I loved Kaden's story problem! That makes me LOL!!!
Love and miss you!