We purchased Busch Garden season passes for the family this year. The second Saturday it was open we loaded up the car with excited kids a cooler full of food and a double stroller. We hit a few setbacks on the way and arrived at the park about 2 hours behind schedule, and then waited an extra hour in line to validate our passes. By the time we made it into the park Chris and I were already reaching our theme park limit. But the kids were excited beyond measure, and ready to have some fun. Kaden is my roller coaster boy. He loves them....after they are over. While he is on them he isn't so sure. The first ride I went on with him he was so excited in line then we got in the car and headed up the first hill and he grabbed my hand and said "Can I just close my eye's and think happy thoughts?" When the ride is over however he always says how cool it was and really not scary at all.
Taycee on the other hand is not afraid to admit that it is all terrifying. She is quite content riding the kiddie rides with Addison. Kaden didn't mind the kiddie rides either and even kept his eyes open.
Brielle was an ANGEL the entire time and just chilled in the stroller the whole day.
After we had been on quite a few rides Taycee decided she wanted to try a roller coaster with Dad and Kaden. We had never been to Busch Gardens so we had no idea what each ride was like. We found the closest coaster that met her height requirement and they got in line. It was a LONG line and they waited for over a half hour. I wandered with the girls and Chris called when they were close so I could get a picture after the big hill. I waited with camera in hand and caught this shot as they came to the base of the big drop....
Let's zoom in on that shall we?....
They HATED it! Apparently it went into a pitch black tunnel where it stopped for a few seconds and then the floor dropped out under them and they fell before shooting out and around a few loops. Probably not the best choice for the first roller coaster ride. Oops.
We hit a few rides after that and then called it a day. Taycee and Kaden both swore off roller coaster rides for the rest of their life. Kaden has since changes his tune and is begging to go back so he can ride the big purple coaster. Taycee is firm in her oath.
We did go back another day (Just the older two and I) but we did do any coasters we just hit a few non threatening rides. Kaden made instant best friends with the kid standing behind us in line. His name was Jack and he paled around with Kaden for the next few rides. He was quite an articulate child and I was laughing at all he had to say. Kaden loves everyone and thought he was just the greatest. He introduced him as "his best friend" to someone else in line and Jack said "Um, well, I believe it requires a bit more than this to be best friends" Kaden shrugged it off. Everyone is that child' best friend.
I'm counting on a fun summer filled with lots of loops, swings and tickle bumps!











No comments:
Post a Comment