Wednesday, April 13, 2011

And her name will be...

*Note since the making of these letters there has been a great debate on weather it should be an *i* or *y* so it might be changing!

This story actually starts back when I found out I was pregnant. Kaden insisted that I was having a "sister" from the moment he knew a new baby was joining our family. I tried to convince him numerous times it was a brother because I really wanted a boy. He was not budging, no matter what I said he insisted that this little baby was a girl. Lo and behold he was right.... well about a month ago I was sitting with him in the living room and out of nowhere he tells me "her name is Addison baby" once I realized he was talking about our baby I teased him a little and said "no her name is Tessa ( or one of the other names we had been throwing around)" he would get so upset each time and tell me with conviction her name was Addison. About a week after that he was saying the blessing on dinner and out of the blue said "thankful for baby Addison, please bless her" a few days after that as we were sitting down for dinner and Kaden looked to Chris and said "Oh no daddy, someone is missing!" Chris tried to reassure him we were all there and pointed us all out by name, he replied "no daddy, I mean baby Addison." It was sweet and I had a definite feeling that Kaden was already very familiar with this little girl joining our family. It was a simple reminder of how thin the veil is for these little ones.

Since then both kids call the baby Addison, every time Taycee sees a baby she says look it is an Addison baby. We've tossed around other names but nothing feels right. So it has been decided by Kaden that her name will be Addison Marie Clayton... or maybe Addyson Marie Clayton. :) Anyone have an opinion there?

3 comments:

Spencer and Mindy said...

way cute!! Kaden will such a great BIG BIG brother to lil' Add'Y'son.. i like the Y :)

Sarah Ball said...

I vote "y"!!! I love that name!

Jamie said...

that is the cutest story ever!! I love addyson with the Y it is way cute that way!