Chris doesn't have a living blood grandma. Both of his mom and dad's mom and dad have passed away. This is so sad to me because both of my grandmas are alive and awesome and so fun and we get to see them all the time and spend time with them.
One of Chris's best memories with one of his grandmas is making Karo-syrup plates. I had never heard of this but it was something he did almost every time he went over, so this week for FHE we made Karo-syrup plates. The kids LOVED it and thought it was the coolest thing ever. It is so simple to do and you probably have everything you need on hand.
First take a plate ( we used Styrofoam but Chris usually used plastic ones)
Put a few puddles of karo-syrup on the plate
Add a drop of food coloring to each puddle
Then just rotate the plate around and let it run till all the colors mix together for some fun tie-dye action.
WHALA! Karo-syrup plates
Ignore the awful blurry pic, it was the best I captured of all three




1 comment:
okay...that brings back alot of memories!! As soon as I saw that first picture I knew that was my mom's creation. So cool you guys are passing down those neat things Nana did with us. Have you done choco-balls with the kids yet?
Stephanie
Post a Comment