Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Death of the TV

Meet our TV... actually I should say meet Chris's TV because that is how it really is.
Everyone has their "thing" mine is pictures. I take pictures of every event, Chris doesn't get it. For Chris getting a nice big TV has been his "thing" since we got married I don't get it. For me our 15 year old big box TV was just fine. But Chris wanted... no needed this TV, and so we spent our entire Christmas budget this year on a TV. Granted we did get it on Black Friday for a screaming deal... but still it was out entire meager Christmas Budget. We did not get one other thing.
Fast forward to last Wednesday....
Okay take a closer look at that bottom left had corner....
Did you throw up a little in your mouth? Because when I got out of the shower and came downstairs to find this.... well it wasn't my proudest moment. I was sick, and scared to death for my little son who I was sure would be dead when his daddy got home.

The culprit? This little treasure...
If you are wondering what in the world that is, it is what is left of a bunny ear antenna. We have never had "TV" and have always just got whatever we could through an antenna. We bought this gem when we first got married and over the years it has been abused. It still does a decent job however and we have kept it around. Last week Taycee broke the top off the longest end leaving it sharp and jagged. I guess Kaden though the lines it made when he drug it across the TV screen were pretty cool, "like his doodle pad" in his words. Unfortunately there is no magic erases to sweep across the TV and erase those lines.

On the bright side of this story..

I called Chris hoping to lessen the blow for Kaden by telling Chris before he got home. Do you know what he did? That kind, gentle, understanding jewel of a husband I have said "Oh well, life goes on." The TV he had waited and begged for years for, the TV that he still gets a big childish grin about when he watches, HIS TV had just been defaced and he didn't even flinch. I felt silly for being so worried. And my love increased for him 10 times more. He truly is an AMAZING guy.

Also, when the TV is on you don't notice the scratches at all, so the picture quality is still just as good. :) It just looks sad and damaged when the TV is off.

1 comment:

Spencer and Mindy said...

i was worried at how that story was going to turn out! yay that it still works and has good picture when it's on :) boys and their TV's