Monday, October 10, 2011

Gonna Miss This

Recently I heard a song that reminded me SO MUCH of life right now. I have heard it a million times before but it just resonated this time. It is by Trace Adkins and it is called You're gonna miss this. As I was looking through the last months pictures the words of the chorus came to my mind.

Your're gonna miss this....
You're gonna want this back....
You're gonna wish these days, hadn't gone by so fast.


These are some good times, so take a good look around...
You may not know it now, but you're gonna miss this.
Yeah you're gonna miss this.

And I truly know that I will. I will miss the days when Taycee begs me to "find Norman the Nephite" in her book 3 times a day even though she already knows where he is on every page. I will miss watching Chris chase the kids around the house grumbling in his deep voice "then I'll huff and puff and BLOW you down!" I will miss the late night snuggling with my tiniest babe on my chest. I will miss inhaling the sweet scent of Jergens baby lotion as I kiss her cheeks a million times a day. I will miss the sheer joy in Taycee's face when she gets to wear matching outfits with Addison. I will miss watching Kaden light up with pride when he figures out how to read words like "we, the, to, and it". I will miss so much of life how it is now and I will want it back.

However, with all those things I WILL miss. I don't think there will ever come a day when I will miss coming down the stairs to find this in my living room.... :) :)
Take the good with the bad I guess. :)

-me

3 comments:

Julia said...

This post left me emotional! Awesome pictures and it is a good reminder to live in the moment with them right now, even if it leaves you scrubbing there messes for days (that last picture was impressive)

Summer said...

Hey that looks like my family room when I came home from the movies the other day! Just think of the mess in a few years when there are THREE kids doing it haha. Love this post... Going to google the song... I like the Trace Adkins songs I have heard.. (hot momma being my fav)

Heather said...

OKAY I seriously need copies of at least half of the pictures of your kids. I love Kaden's googly eyes :) so much. And Chris is such a cute dad. You are very blessed, for sure.