Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Spiders and Gak

Tuesday night Chris has Young Mens. This means that I am always searching for ideas to keep the kids entertained for the night. Usually they spend their nights playing with dad and exerting a lot of energy running and wrestling. Without dad home they get restless. Last Tuesday I decided to do a few Halloween crafts. We had our friends down the street come over and made spiders and Gak.

I hadn't made gak since I was in elementary school. But I remembered that I loved it and that is was pretty simple to make. I picked up some Elmers glue and Borax at Wal-mart earlier that day and once Chris left we started our projects.

The kids loved stirring the glue and water together.

They decided on green and orange as their gak colors.
It was a success!



We made spiders out of an egg carton, markers, pipe cleaner, a few puff balls and of course googly eyes. The kids had a blast and were so proud of their spiders when they finished.
Taycee wanted her spiders to be nice. So they all ended up with happy faces.
This was Kaden's mean face. haha. He wanted all of his spiders to be mean and scary.
A few of our finished spiders

The next day we hung them from our kitchen light to make a little Halloween mobile.

I am scrambling for ideas for tonight. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Summer said...

I'm sorry I have none.. But don't be surprised if you see these to projects on my blog soon!!!