Saturday, October 29, 2011

Where's Waldo?

So for Halloween I really wanted Chris to be Waldo. I mean come on... he looks just like Waldo. My mom has made the comment on several occasions that if he would wear a red stripped shirt they would be identical. So I decided this was the year, and I would be Wedna. I went to the Halloween Store to see how much the two costumes would cost and about fell over when I was that they were 40 dollars each. WHAT?! For a stripped shirt made out of the most flimsy material ever, a hat, and pair of glasses? Seriously. It didn't even come with the pants or skirt. Who in their right mind pays that kind of money for a Halloween costume? Well I definitely do not. So I decided we would just make them.

We bought 2 white shirts from D.I. and taped off some stripes with masking tape.
Then we spray painted the shirts red

and then hung them to dry (and air out for a few days so we didn't die of intoxication from spray paint fumes)
The results?...

2 white shirts- $4.00 at D.I.
2 cans red spray paint- $3.00 Wal-mart
Yarn pom poms- 30 cents worth of yarn from my craft room
2 white beanies- $2.00 at Wal-mart
2 Ear warmers spray painted red- $2.00 at Wal-mart
2 pair of glasses- well...mine were 1.00 reading glasses and we busted the lenses out. Chris's were actually the most expensive because they were the only thing I bought at the Halloween store. They were $5.00 so $6.00 total
Jean skirt- $3.00 at D.I.
White tights- Free I already had them
Red Duct Tape (for the stripes on the tights)- $3.00 at Wal-Mart

Total???

Waldo and Wenda for $23.00 dollars.
Way less than 80 and that included the skirt!

No comments: