Mother's Day started bright and early with a trip to the E.R.. Okay okay actually the doctors trip started late Saturday night but it went well into the early hours of Mother's day.
It all started Saturday night when we went to Avengers. The Claytons were still in town and they offered to take our kids to the Lorax while we went to see Avengers. (Which by the way we loved) We kept Addison with us, right when the movie started she was unusually fussy. She is normally perfectly content to sit and snuggle. I offered to take her out while Chris watched the movie. While I was out bouncing her I noticed she seemed to be breathing faster than normal. I didn't think much of it and finally got her to sleep. When I took her back into the theater and sat down I noticed her breathing again, and then a little while later she started to tremble every once in awhile. We had taken her into the ER the Saturday before Easter for similar things and she ended up having a double ear infection. I worried that the same thing was starting to happen. When the movie was over we headed straight to the doctors. We spent 2 hours at Wee Care trying to find out what was wrong, her ears looked ok, her throat was a little red, but there was nothing that stood out as the cause for her respiratory rate which was about 87 and fever which was at 103. They took a chest X-ray which came back clear and then did a breathing treatment. The breathing treatment was horrible she screamed the entire time. Her respiratory rate after was up to 101. They decided to send us to the ER for some blood work. Unfortunately the Davis Hospital is not covered under our insurance so he headed up to Mckay Dee. After all was said and done it was 3 oclock and they still had no answers but her breathing was slowing down so they sent us home with order to come back if her breathing got out of control again.
When 7 rolled around Sunday morning I was exhausted. I had to lead the primary singing in Sacrament meeting so I rolled out of bed and got into the shower. Chris was so sweet and had gotten up before me and made breakfast. I don't know how he did it I could barely function. Church went well, nothing like last week (thank the heavens). The kids did well in sacrament meeting, everyone said they could hear Kaden and Taycee above everyone else. I guess that is what happens when your mom is the primary chorister and makes your practice the songs every day. Chris came home with the baby during the last two hours and made me a fresh batch of my favorite chocolate chip cookies.
After church we went to my mom's house for some yummy pulled pork. The men did a wonderful job with dinner and the mom's got to just lay back and relax. Everytime I sat down I thought to myself "this is a really comfortable spot.. I could fall asleep here" haha I was really tired. We left my mom's house at 6 and the kids fell asleep in the car on the way home. We couldn't get the to wake up when we got home, they were out of the night. I guess we were all a little tired. Chris gave me a massage and put me to bed too. Minus the ER visit it was a wonderful mother's day.
I am so grateful to be a mom to these three crazy kids. They keep life interesting.
I am so grateful to this man who takes such great care of me!
Hope all of the mom's had a wonderful day.




No comments:
Post a Comment