Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sunday... a day of mess

It was just one of those days. A day when I wished I had accidentally slept til noon and by some miracle no one had woken me up.

Chris had early morning meetings and we have church at nine. We got up extra early in the morning to get baths done and breakfast eaten so that even without dads help we could all be to church on time. Chris left about 7:45 to head to his meeting and we were doing good. Kaden and Taycee had both been bathed and were dressed. I just needed to get dressed and do my makeup and Addison was still sleeping. I decided to do Taycee's hair first so she could go downstairs and watch a Book of Mormon movie with Kaden. My makeup was out on the counter and as I was doing her hair she kept  picking up different things out of the bag and ask if she could use them. I repeatedly said "no" and took them away to put back. Her favorite piece of makeup is my foundation because it is a mineral powder and has a big poofy brush on top. Addison started to cry so I left Taycee in the bathroom to go check on her. When I came back Taycee had opened my foundation and dumped the entire 9 dollar bottle out all down the front of her dress. I was more than a little frustrated as I headed downstairs to get the oxyclean to soak the tan stain out of the front of her dress. Once that situation was under control I started doing her hair again and Kaden came upstairs with a chocolate pudding... an open chocolate pudding...and open chocolate pudding that was all over his face and shirt. Seriously?? I ordered him to place the pudding on the table and clean up his face. It was now almost 8:30 and no body was dressed although their hair was done. I threw clothing on both of them and gave Addison a 30 second splash in the tub which she was not thrilled with because she cried the rest of the time I was trying to get ready. 9 oclock rolled around and I was still in my robe with no make-up on. The kids were dressed and ready but I didn't have a church bag put together and Addison would not stop crying unless I was holding her.

I sent a quick text that read something like "it's gonna be a while" to Chris who was sitting alone in sacrament meeting wondering where we were. Minutes later I heard the garage door open and Chris rode in on his white horse to save the day... or maybe to save the kids from their mother who was moments away from some sort of nuclear melt down. I got ready and we made into our seat at church by about 9:20. As soon as we sat down Taycee pulled the crayon pouch (which had been left open) out of the church bag. The problem was that she had grabbed the bottom of the pouch so when she pulled it out all the crayons came tumbling out and went rolling down to the front of the room. Perfect. It was fast and testimony meeting and Kaden decided he wanted to bear his testimony. He promised me he could do it all by himself ( which he has done before) so I let him go up. He marched right up to the mic, smiled, took a breath, and then waved me up to help him. After we returned to our seats Addison spit up all over my black skirt. I decided that Universe really didn't want me to be at church that day. It is a good thing I have a strong testimony of the importance of being at church or I probably would have stood up and left, actually I probably wouldn't have made it there in the first place.

The good news is that the day came to an end and we were all still alive, and relatively happy. :)


1 comment:

Heather said...

Wow... can't wait for my own kids (ha ha). We will take Addison off your hands :)