Thursday, September 6, 2012

Can we skip Tuesday?




Tuesdays are cursed at my house. You may think I am kidding, let me assure you, I. AM. NOT.  At the end of each Tuesday I fall into bed physically and emotionally spent. And my prayers are full of words that sound something like this, "Thank you for keeping us alive throughout the day. Please let tomorrow be nothing like today." In case you still think I am exaggerating I will give you a brief description of the last 2 Tuesdays at our house.

---


Last Tuesday
The day actually started out okay. I was up with my alarm at 6:30 I had my scripture study done before the kids got up, breakfast was made and eaten, showers were taken and we were to school with plenty of time to spare. That is where the good luck ended
When we came home Addison was not interested in her usual afternoon nap but I desperately wanted to exercise so I put her in her bouncer turned on a little Yo Gabba Gabba and headed upstairs to hit the elliptical for a half hour. When I was finished and came downstairs the smell hit me immediately. "That is one smelly diaper" I thought. Then I saw the carpet. Somehow Addison had pooped out the side of her diaper right onto her foot which she then proceeded to jump around in for, well, I don't know how long. A half hour maybe? Long enough to make about a 2 foot wide circle of mushed poo into the carpet. No amount of scrubbing could remove the ground in poop. A carpet cleaner had to be used.

When I picked Kaden up from school he informed me that he had gotten in trouble. Apparently Quinn, (naughty Quinn who sits next to him) had been smacking him with his pencil. Kaden decided to give him a smack back and they both spent the rest of writing time with no pencils and their heads down on their desk.  Awesome. 5th day of school and he's already got a record. (Is it bad to request a different desk partner for your child? haha.)

Later while I was helping Kaden with his homework  Taycee was practicing writing her name on the dry erase board. She accidentally forgot she hadn't put the lid on the marker and wrote all over her dress and the couch and my bed. (I am not sure how accidental that forgetting was.)

When I was working with Taycee on her letters I told Kaden he could play a little wii til we were done. When we were finished I looked down into the family room and noticed a huge wet spot on the couch. I was confused how it got there because I hadn't given the kids any drinks. Then I noticed Kaden was wearing completely different clothes. My 5 year old peed his pants on the couch. WHAAAAT? He hasn't had an accident since he was 3. Then he tried to tell me it wasn't him and he had no idea how the wet spot got there. When I told him I was going to go check the laundry basket upstairs he came clean. He was so excited to finally get to play the wii that he didn't want to waste any of his time going potty. So he peed. On the couch.  After he scrubbed the couch we had a long conversation about lying. He spent a good portion of the evening in his room.


Chris arrived home at 9 oclock that night. Did I mention he left that morning at about 6?

---

Fast forward to this Tuesday

The day started out with a cracked tooth. Yep I cracked my tooth in half. How? Well how everyone cracks their tooth in half of course, taking a bite of a twix bar. Ridiculous. So I found a new dentist because the one I went to last time is the most awful incompetent dentist on planet earth and called to get the earliest appointment possible. At 10 am I was sitting in the dentist chair. The next two hours that followed were neither fun nor cheap. In case any of you don't know I have a fear of the dentist that is both irrational and unmatched. I shake and cry and use every ounce of will power I possess not to scream "STOP!" punch the dentist in the face and bolt out of the chair. So add those emotions to a whopping 1,000 dentist bill that insurance pays exactly 0% of and it is safe to say it was a painful 2 hours.

After I got home and Addison screamed at me for 2 hours for no apparent reason, all of my children were finally sleeping. I was tired and in pain so I decided to take advantage of the rare quiet moment in my home and laid down too. When I woke up an hour later I noticed Taycee wasn't in her bed. I was surprised because usually the kids sleep for at least 2 hours in the afternoon. I found her downstairs with a spray bottle and comb. She had a guilty look on her face but I didn't see anything suspicious. About 15 minutes later I was on the phone with my mom when I came across a PILE OF HAIR. Long blond locks laying all over my kitchen floor. I about died. I ran to Taycee and sure enough a large section of the front of her hair was missing. I have no idea how I missed it earlier. I wanted to cry. She told me that she was combing her hair and it got stuck so she cut it out. We have been growing this child's hair since she was born. Each strand is an accomplishment. Her hair is awful, fine and thin and it breaks with any tension. I baby her hair to try and get it to grow and be stronger, and she chopped it off. :'(

CURSE YOU TUESDAYS!!!

Do you believe me yet?

Oh and Addison also pulled the piano bench down on top of her later in the day. 
I also found out Taycee swallowed a penny sometime during the day. 

One good thing about Tuesdays is that they make my Wednesdays seem super productive.Yesterday I
Exercised
Went grocery shopping
Made 5 loafs of bread (which was more like making 10 because my yeast didn't work the first time around so I had to do it twice.)
Made a batch of caramel oatmeal bars
Read for 20 minutes with each child
Did homework
Made a new wreath for my front door 
Did my visiting teaching.
AND had the house clean by the time I went to bed.

WHEW, now that is a successful day.

So if it is okay with everyone can we just cross Tuesday's off the calendar and skip straight to Wednesdays?

All of us at this house would really appreciate it.

For your viewing pleasure here are a few more shots of the hack job. 

** sniff sniff**


Doesn't she look so innocent? Ha!

Some of the locks I found.

The culprit of it all. The comb.

Goodbye fair locks. 


---

Next Tuesday maybe everyone should send a little prayer my way.

No comments: